Which UFA top 6 forward would you prefer the Canucks to sign?

Who would you prefer the Canucks realistically sign in free agency?

• Sam Reinhart (RW/C; 28 years old) - $10 million x 8 years

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Jake Guentzel (LW/RW; 29 years old) - $8 million x 8 years

Votes: 8 16.3%
  • Elias Lindholm (C/RW; 29 years old) - $6 million x 6 years

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Steven Stamkos (LW/C; 34 years old) - $7.5 million x 3 years

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Jonathan Marchessault (RW/LW; 33 years old) - $7 million x 5 years

• Matt Duchene (C/RW; 33 years old) - $5 million x 5 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Teuvo Teravainen (LW/RW; 29 years old) - $5.5 million x 5 years

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Tyler Toffoli (LW/RW; 32 years old) - $6 million x 4 years

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Patrick Kane (RW; 35 years old) - $6 million x 2 years

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Tyler Bertuzzi (LW; 29 years old) - $4 million x 2 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chandler Stephenson (C; 29 years old) - $6 million x 6 years

• Max Domi (C; 29 years old) - $3 million x 3 years

• Viktor Arvidsson (RW; 31 years old) - $5 million x 1 year

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Joe Pavelski (C/RW; 39 years old) - $4 million x 1 year

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Other - please post

• Total voters

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
A few caveats:

-Yes I know many will not make it to free agency and will be resigned by their respective teams;

-My valuations on their contracts might be wildly off base as they are quite arbitrary, I am happy to revise this poll based on the feedback received. I'm operating on the assumption that all of them will want to maximize their term and not sign short term/higher cap hits. I made exceptions for some players based on their age, or if they missed significant time due to injury this season, or inconsistent play/previous contracts (Kane, Bertuzzi, Domi, Arvidsson, Pavelski); and

-I realize many of these players would not want to sign with Vancouver. If you feel that is the case, do not vote for them.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
And who are we not signing on our current team to make room for this new top6 player?

Also Lindholm has done terribly here. If you’re doing that then give the same contract to the same guy at the same age and position that has a chance to be a better fit (Chandler). It’s a low bar.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
tbh i don’t think i want any of those guys (or in the case of the top few, at those numbers)

unless you can really get lindholm for 6 x 6, which is likely a pipe dream

Reactions: stampedingviking

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
That’s a lot of term being doled out lol
Rising cap and a lot of teams thinking they could use one F - I expect FA will go like this.

My vote is whoever our pro scouting team decides is the best bet

Full faith

Personally always liked watching Guentzsl and Stephenson play

Reactions: HockeyWooot

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
literally no chance we sign him but Joe Pavelski 4 million dollars with no term. I know he is 39 but he had 67 points. He would be a fit great with Boeser and Miller and help the powerplay sign me up.

Reactions: gsharpe

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
so many guys in their late 30s... i rather sign, chandler stephanson. let lindholm go, sign sam reinhart.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
at those numbers, teravainen

i'd be curious to see this poll re-run as a multiple choice - ie. which of those contracts would you take? i think most of them are priced pretty reasonably in terms of what those guys are likely to get. a couple might be a bit high (toffoli, marchessault), but there are others that feel like they could end up higher (guentzel, lindholm).

i'd take TT, maybe bertuzzi, maybe domi (but probably not), arvidsson and pavelski. the rest i think hurt the teams who sign them. maybe not guentzel, but idk that he's the optimal player for our cap structure.

if lindholm is a 6x6, let's not repeat the deadline; i'd rather have sean monahan at a 4x4 or whatever he goes for.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
If Lindholm leaves, the Canucks might be looking for center, rather than overpaying for a winger. Simplest solution would be to bring back Lindholm, as a few other posters have suggested.

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
If Sam Reinhart has any interest in taking a team-friendly deal to play in his hometown—I think you need to investigate that. Him and Pettersson together would be an incredible duo.

Reactions: Hodgy

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
If Sam Reinhart has any interest in taking a team-friendly deal to play in his hometown—I think you need to investigate that. Him and Pettersson together would be an incredible duo.

i would love to have reinhart, but how cheap would he have to be to work out here with the term he would be expecting?

if he would do $8m and we could move boeser for a real asset ready to contribute (ideally a cheap 3C) i would maybe not hang up the phone but those are two fairly farfetched ifs.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
I actually think Guentzel will get $8.5-$9m on the open market.
It doesn't really affect how I think about Guentzel, but the Canucks will be pinching pennies on contracts they sign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad