Which teams with a bad start bounces back into the playoffs?

Which teams with a bad start bounces back into the playoffs?

• New York Rangers

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Buffalo Sabres

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Montreal Canadiens

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Minnesota Wild

Votes: 44 57.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers

Votes: 57 74.0%
  • Arizona Coyotes

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
I believe this poll was already done. Nvm just checked, it was done with only 3 of the teams you listed.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Well I mean, the Wild are sort of missing half their top 9... And 4 points in 5 games is a pretty loose definition for a bad start. Win tonight's game by a goal instead of losing by a goal and you'd call it a good start.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
I would LOVE for it to be Minnesota (and it is possible), but honestly, I had a bad feeling about the Wild even in pre-season......as in not so sure they could push any further without an upgrade or two more on the front lines, the overall defense being weakened by NOT retaining Christian Folin, trading away Scandella, and not keeping Nate Prosser around (excellent fill in D-man). Oh...and Alex Stalock as Duby's backup..........YIKES!

But, I honestly think the Oilers are the team listed that is really too good to stay down long.

I don't think last season's Oilers were a fluke and not having Draisaitl now presents quite a hurdle for the team, but overall, they still have enough talent, a damned good goaltender, ever improving defense....so yea, can't see them being a bottom team for very long.

They still make the post season.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Oilers are in, no doubt about it.
Minny should get in, they'll pick it up.
Rangers should find their game, but they may be too far back.
Habs are really struggling, not likely.
Buffalo is almost impossible, unless they get it going asap.
Arizona. lol.

Kingfan1967

Oct 6, 2017
Anaheim Ducks , usually they have a slow start but their injury status looks
like they may be digging too big a hole this year.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Edmonton has really good underlying numbers they are just not very lucky right now and the Draisaitl injury is obviously a big one. They should bounce back, though McClellan needs to take it easy with McDavid's minutes. Minnesota is ravaged with injuries, otherwise they would be very competitive.

NYR will only bounce back if they get rid of AV soon. Until then I don't see them dramatically improving.

The rest are junk.

Last edited:

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
If Minnesota can just tread water until they get healthy I think they’ll make it. I’d feel safe saying the Oilers will get it straightened out also.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Oilers for obvious reasons.

I also voted Buffalo. Things will start clicking, and Eichel is good enough to win them games. They have other guys who need to step up and help who haven't, and I think they will at some point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad