Speculation: Which teams in the new division will Washington Capitals be better than next season?

fsnoles98

Mar 16, 2009
Tough to predict now, but we do need some upgrades.
85 is good but is not strong on his skates, too many times easily bumped off the puck. New division he needs to get a lot stronger.
Laich not a #2 center if we lose Ribs.
Erksine not a #4 defender, but grit needed in this division.
Both tenders will have to play. Holtby needs to stop acting like he is a Greek god back (so too much of it in Hershey)there and be consistently good and know he is not the 3rd defenseman out there. Neuvy is getting paid some cash, so either play him and see what he brings to the table or trade him.

I think we got some skill, but in this division we will have to be bigger, physical and well conditioned. Ovi, Nicky, Mojo, Ward, Fehr and others can not disappear for long periods of time in this division. Lines 3 and 4 will have to be real gritty and physical each night and make teams not want o play against them to be successful. I think guys like Latta, Orlov, Mitchell, Schilling will have to be looked at hard in camp and if they can bring it every night, good. If not look for others that can.

This will be a very physical and talented division. You will need both to make the playoffs. No more of playing the Jets 10 times in one season and making the playoffs.

Ted and GMGM will actually have to make up and smell the coffee to compete.

amin723

Mar 11, 2010
Goodyear, AZ
Lou, unlike GMGM is willing to make deals and sign good players in order to compete year in and out and the Devils are about to do some major work this summer, no way they finish 8th.

You really think we are the 3rd best team? I'm guessing Detroit finally misses the playoffs too? Horrible :shakehead

I think we will finish anywhere from 3rd to 6th depending on puck bounces and Free Agency is what I meant. We're not THAT bad. And the other teams are not THAT good. I know the NBC media loves to make the Atlantic Division out to be the SEC of hockey, but they're not head and shoulders above everyone else. Hell we just went 7 games with one of the better teams from the division.

skillhockey

Feb 26, 2013
Caps been selling their talent for grit(spare parts) for years now, result being getting owned by rangers 2 years a row. These gritty players can't score, we can all see it now. Ovi had bad series but that's why you need lineup that can score, not one line.

DanTHEMan71

Feb 23, 2010
With the parity in the NHL it's a tough call. But we're in, arguably, the toughest division next year. If we want to make it a coin flip's chance and just see what happens, we keep the team the same, with or without Ribs.

If we actually want to force the issue and give ourselves a good chance to make the playoffs, we need to add at least one top 6 SCORING forward and/or one top 4 defensive Dman. My vote is the top 6 forward is more of a necessity.

fsnoles98

Mar 16, 2009
Caps been selling their talent for grit(spare parts) for years now, result being getting owned by rangers 2 years a row. These gritty players can't score, we can all see it now. Ovi had bad series but that's why you need lineup that can score, not one line.

Please explain who the Caps sold to get a gritty player? Not sure where your going with that one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad