Which Team has the Bleakest Future

Which Team has the Bleakest Future.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
I think you can go with either Montreal or Ottawa and be right here. Ottawa has a poor prospect pool after paying out the ass for Duchene, an owner who only cares about money and a GM who's not good at trades having to sell off a ton of their best players. Montreal at least has Price, with a terrible prospect pool and a bad GM.

Bowers was arguably not even in the top 5 of the Sens prospects at the time of the trade depending on who you ask. That trade, depending on what happens with that 1st round pick, didn't affect the team's prospect pool as much as that statement implies.

I have to believe the Sens are in better shape than Montreal at least on the ice. Off the ice, Melnyk's charades and Dorians lack of experience/help puts them at the top.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Ottawa is screwed because of Melnyk, but I like a lot of their kids and think they could bounce back quickly if Melnyk weren't insisting on using EK to dump the Ryan contract...and the goaltending got it's s*** together. The blue line is going to be a mess, but if their kids hit the ground running they could have a pretty sweet forward core as early as next year:

Hoffman - Duchene - White
Dzingel - Brown - Stone
Formenton - Pageau - Ryan|Gaborik's corpses
Burrows - Smith - Batherson

Buffalo doesn't belong. They have some big holes, some clutter to shed in time; but they have some really good young pieces to continue building around with Eichel, Mittelstadt, ROR, Samson, Risto, Guhle, etc. When you have that much center depth in the organization it makes it a lot easier to fix a lot of other problems...especially with a draft this stacked in top 10 dmen.

The kings seem to have some good kids if Doughty stays, his future is the big question mark for them but I don't think they're in that bad of shape at the moment.

Wings are a mess, but at least they're starting to rebuild. Montreal is just f***ed and Bergevin will only make things worse.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Where are the Canucks here?

They have a couple nice pieces but certainly low value assets that aren’t going to yield a quick turn-around.
Their prospect pool is stacked, which is more than anyone here can say. They're in much better shape than I think most would like to give them credit for.

VoidCreature

Before you see the light, you must die.
Mar 6, 2015
New Jersey
I don't know why the Kings are here. They have one of the top prospects in the world in Gabriel Vilardi.

Kopitar, Carter and Vilardi down the middle is scary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad