Which Team has the Bleakest Future

Which Team has the Bleakest Future.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
This is a poll with the future in mind. For instance The kings are potentially playoff bound, but they have contracts that are going to be hard to shed in the future, lack of prospect pool, and have a lack of young players.

So of these teams, which one do you feel will be the worst rough patch up ahead?

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
From worst to best

1.Habs
2.Kings
3. Senators (Higher if their ownership wasnt awful)
4.RedWings
5.Sabres

Lemontree

Fire Dubas
Feb 12, 2018
I think Montreal and Detroit will have the hardest up hill climb in the next 5 years. Don’t like very much on their current rosters and do not see enough in either pipeline to predict an upswing in the short or medium future.

Reactions: Jtown

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Montreal, Ottawa, Detroit are bottom three for me right now but this could change in a year.

FireGerardGallant

The Artist Formerly known as FireDavidQuinn
Mar 19, 2016
Ottawa, if their owner wasn't such an idiot they'd be a better spot then they are currently.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
If Ottawa gets a new owner, they won't be that bad off. Yeah, yeah, big if, but if they want to rebuild, they have a TON of valuable assets to move for value. Karlsson, Stone, and Hoffman could bring back a literal king's ransom in futures, but they're all still young enough to build around.

Owner is quite the roadblock to any of that, though.

Voted Montreal, but Ottawa is probably 2nd or 3rd.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
The Habs by far. They are stuck with a TERRIBLE team, with some aging players on very long, expensive contracts, and have a very poor farm system. It's simply going to take a longer time to fix.

And they keep stupidly going with the french GM's, handcuffing themselves, over and over. That hurts too.

Reactions: Patrik Barkov

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
Where are the Canucks here?

They have a couple nice pieces but certainly low value assets that aren’t going to yield a quick turn-around.
Agreed. I’d rank habs, canucks, Detroit, Ottawa, kings, Sabres.

This is all subject to change with one lucky lottery ball of course.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Montreal

They have next to no assets, a weak prospect pool, tons of bad contracts, cab't develop offensive talent, have an idiot GM, and to top it all off, and idiot owner who supports the idiot GM.

Horrible, horrible times in Montreal. They may never been a respectable organization again.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Montreal, that said they could have a great future if they just got rid of Price, Weber and Patches.

They could get a ton of assets with some retention (3-5 million likely won't matter in 8+ years) and be entirely fine.

I actually think they have a decent young core of Drouin, Galchy, Mete, Lindgren, Gallagher and Hudon. Not great by any means, but there is some solid talent if they can get some good draft picks. They actually remind me a lot of the Leafs who had JVR, Kadri, Rielly, Gardiner a few years ago, not guys who will win you the cup but great secondary punch.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Worst -> Best

Les Habitants De Montreal
  • old, bad contracts, no good young talent, well at least they have Serga..oh wait, nvm, yeah their bad
Ottawa Senatards
  • Ottawa is a mess, maybe switch with LA if management gets sorted out
Los Angeles Kings
  • still a good team, not sure why they are here, not much in terms of future talent however
Detroit Red Wings
  • i can see them getting Dahlin, regardless, Larkin and Mantha look pretty good to me
Buffalo Eichels
  • Jack Eichel is their franchise centre, and will be amongst the best in the league for a long time, Ristolainen looks like a top pairing guy, i like ROR

Bramskii

Jul 23, 2007
Toronto
Ottawa still has a solid core of players. A few adjustments and they can get right back into contention. Montreal on the other hand will be a mess for a while.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Ottawa still has a solid core of players. A few adjustments and they can get right back into contention. Montreal on the other hand will be a mess for a while.
Losing what is likely to be a top 5 pick in this year's draft, or an unprotected pick next year when the team isn't projected to be any better/may lose Karlsson is a pretty tough pill to swallow

I actually feel bad for Sens fans

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Montreal is the most f***ed, then Detroit who's in a similar spot with more young talent (Larkin, AA, Mantha).

Ottawa has shit management, but they have EK and some good prospects (Chabot, White, Brown, etc.)

LA still has a good team, and Vilardi might be the best prospect on any of these teams.

Buffalo has Eichel, Risto, ROR, Reinhart, Mittelstadt, etc.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Where are the Canucks here?

They have a couple nice pieces but certainly low value assets that aren’t going to yield a quick turn-around.

I did not put them in there because they don't have as many long term contracts, and seem to have a very good pool of young prospects, something these other teams are lacking.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Montreal, Ottawa, Sabres, Isles. And San Jose has a bunch of old guys with expiring contracts. It's how they spend that upcoming "free" money will determine their success till 2025.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I think you can go with either Montreal or Ottawa and be right here. Ottawa has a poor prospect pool after paying out the ass for Duchene, an owner who only cares about money and a GM who's not good at trades having to sell off a ton of their best players. Montreal at least has Price, with a terrible prospect pool and a bad GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad