Which team has better high end forwards? Calgary or San Jose

Which team has better high end forwards? Calgary or San Jose

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
Which team has better high end forwards? Gaudreau, Monahan, Lindholm, Tkachuk vs pavelski, Kane, couture, Meier, hertl

High end forwards is open to interpretation

Last edited:

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
gaudreau is the best single forward of that group, but then multiple sharks before the next flame. flames definitely bring up the rear.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
gaudreau is the best single forward of that group, but then multiple sharks before the next flame. flames definitely bring up the rear.
Your boldface lie about Gaudreau being followed by multiple Sharks is so utterly absurd that it's hilarious.
Sure there are multiple Sharks but they follow forwards Gaudreau, Lindholm, Monahan, Tkahchuk, and even the Flames defenseman Mark Giordano.

Flames have the better high end forwards AINEC.

NAMETEAMGPGAPTS
Johnny Gaudreau LWCGY70335790
Elias Lindholm CCGY70274976
Sean Monahan CCGY70314576
Brent Burns DSJ70136073
Matthew Tkachuk LWCGY70303868
Mark Giordano DCGY68145165
Tomas Hertl CSJ65313263
Joe Pavelski CSJ70372562
Logan Couture CSJ70243862
Timo Meier RWSJ67263359
Evander Kane LWSJ64272451
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:
Reactions: North Man

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
If we’re talking top 6.. Calgary. Gaudreau is in his own tier here. I’ll take the sharks complete lineup though. Thornton is returning to form and is going to be a nightmare matchup on the 3rd line going forward if he stays healthy <knock on wood>...

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
That Calgary top line is among the best in the NHL this year. Having Matthew Tkachuk and Mikeal Backlund on the second line, especially Matty is a luxury most teams don't have. He'd be a first line LW on almost every team in the NHL.

Calgary's weak point is that 2nd line RW, but I think the overall top 6 group is more impressive than the Sharks this year.

I agree, I like San Jose's third line a lot more than Calgary. I think Calgary has one of the worst third lines in hockey. I do think the compensate by having one of the best fourth lines in hockey.

Reactions: Voight

Herschel

Dec 8, 2009
Let's just all agree that when comparing these groups of forwards there are two truths

There is only one elite level player on either team and that is Gaudreau. Once you remove him from the conversation the remaining players make for an excellent debate.

The second is that when you look at the second tier below Gaudreau there are more of them on San Jose. The OP even list 4 Flames and 5 Sharks.

Given these truths...
Calgary has the better top 3.
Top 6 is likely a wash with maybe a slight edge to the Sharks.
Sharks have the better top 9.

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Gaudreau is by far the best of the bunch. The way he elevates his teammates I think gives Calgary the edge here. Monahan and Lindholm are good players on their own, but with Gaudreau they're point-per-game. They're also all younger and cheaper than Couture or Kane. Sharks have a ton of versatility in their top 9 though.

TopCheese

Mar 16, 2016
canada
That Calgary top line is among the best in the NHL this year. Having Matthew Tkachuk and Mikeal Backlund on the second line, especially Matty is a luxury most teams don't have. He'd be a first line LW on almost every team in the NHL.

Calgary's weak point is that 2nd line RW, but I think the overall top 6 group is more impressive than the Sharks this year.

I agree, I like San Jose's third line a lot more than Calgary. I think Calgary has one of the worst third lines in hockey. I do think the compensate by having one of the best fourth lines in hockey.
Who is on the 3rg line in Calgary? Neal, Bennett and...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad