Which team has a brighter future: Canucks or Rangers?

What team has a better future?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Canucks have a bright future with all the great young players they've drafted but until Aquilini cans Benning, this losing culture will continue for them.

A better challenger to the Rangers would be the Kings. That franchise is getting its shit back together real fast. Probably going to add a high end defenseman in this coming draft too.

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Canucks have a bright future with all the great young players they've drafted but until Aquilini cans Benning, this losing culture will continue for them.

A better challenger to the Rangers would be the Kings. That franchise is getting its shit back together real fast. Probably going to add a high end defenseman in this coming draft too.
Kings aren’t close to NYR

They don’t have a single young defenseman on the level of any of Fox, K’Andre, Lindgren, Lundkvist or Schneider, and certainly don’t have a goalie as good as Shesterkin

not to mention NYR have elite pieces in their prime such as Zibanejad and Panarin, Kings have Kopitar and Doughty sure but they’re much older.

Then there’s Lafreniere and Kakko who are both better prospects than Byfield and Turcotte respectively

Rangers only competitor for best young team are the Avs

Reactions: Bread4Life

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
A core of EP/Boeser/Miller/Horvat/Hughes/Demko SHOULD be a pretty good team.

Problem is, I have 0 faith in the GM and ownership to ice a very good team around those guys, similar to when Chia was in charge of the Oilers. Their farm system pipeline is almost non existent after all the graduates and to think that Pod is going to make a massive difference seems like a pipe dream.

Rangers have a better blend of proven and young guys coming up.. also doesn't hurt when you have the best 3 players on your team (Panarin, Fox and Shesty > any Canuck atm IMO)

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Kings aren’t close to NYR

They don’t have a single young defenseman on the level of any of Fox, K’Andre, Lindgren, Lundkvist or Schneider, and certainly don’t have a goalie as good as Shesterkin

not to mention NYR have elite pieces in their prime such as Zibanejad and Panarin, Kings have Kopitar and Doughty sure but they’re much older.

Then there’s Lafreniere and Kakko who are both better prospects than Byfield and Turcotte respectively

Rangers only competitor for best young team are the Avs

I was speaking in terms of prospects, which I can see why you misunderstood me based on what the OP was asking for. I can agree that the Rangers undoubtedly have better roster pieces.

Disagree with your goalie statement though. I'm a backer of Shesterkin but Petersen will also be a top goaltender.

I don't think it's unreasonable to think Byfield and Turcotte have arguably the same ultimate potential as Lafreniere and Kakko. And yes, I'm aware that both Rangers players have really come along this season, especially Kakko.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
I think the Rangers have the better future from a roster standpoint, but James Dolan seems to have awoken from his slumber. If Chris Drury can periodically slip him some ambien they'll be alright, if not watch out.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
A core of EP/Boeser/Miller/Horvat/Hughes/Demko SHOULD be a pretty good team.

Problem is, I have 0 faith in the GM and ownership to ice a very good team around those guys, similar to when Chia was in charge of the Oilers. Their farm system pipeline is almost non existent after all the graduates and to think that Pod is going to make a massive difference seems like a pipe dream.

Rangers have a better blend of proven and young guys coming up.. also doesn't hurt when you have the best 3 players on your team (Panarin, Fox and Shesty > any Canuck atm IMO)
I may be a Rangers homer speaking but the scary thing about that big 3 is that our 1st & 2nd overall picks aren't even part of the conversation yet. If they reach what they were projected to be that would be a ridiculous core

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
Rangers. At worst Dolan tries to "toughen" up the Rangers and he throws a bunch of money at bottom 6ers and then the Rangers just turn into the Canucks

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The Rangers by a bit but the math at the top isn't indicative of how close it actually is.

The Canucks are loaded at center and the Rangers have nothing there long-term.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Also, I'll say this, I think the "Dolan takeover" is such a false narrative.

Dolan fired management. That's his only job and has been his only job since he took over. There's no indication as of yet that he'll have any other influence.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
Canucks have extremely poor leadership. But, since the Rangers fired Gorton and Davidson, it looks like they don’t exactly have strong leadership either. Tough call I think it’s close. Really depends what happens with each teams managing staff in the next year or so.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
Canucks pretty easily. Have the better and younger centre duo. Also, have the most important piece a young team needs, a young franchise center.

Frankie Blueberries

Allergic to draft picks
Jan 27, 2016
Canucks pretty easily. Have the better and younger centre duo. Also, have the most important piece a young team needs, a young franchise center.

Canucks are breaking 51 year old franchise records based on how bad they’ve been.

Reactions: vanuck

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
The Canucks aren't even in the same stratosphere as the Rangers. Not even close. Rangers AINEC.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
Rangers because Canucks have Benning as their GM.

As a long time fan I'm not liking Benning as our GM. Sure we have some pretty decent young guys, but if he fails to surround them with support depth, and help yea noooooo we can't make the playoffs no matter what the heck happens, just look at the Oilers in the early 2010's, Buffalo right now. Worst thing is he pisses away whatever cap room we will have.

Reactions: elitepete
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad