Which team do you consider your team's biggest rival?

Which team do you consider your team's biggest rival?

• Total voters

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Calgary Flames by far.

After that the Canucks. Can’t stand the Ducks either, we tend to have some decent banter with their fans on here after the 2017 playoffs series as well.

A4T1L6

Feb 10, 2015
As a habs fan im voting Boston, even though i desperately want to vote Leafs. It's just not there though.

We really need a Montreal-Toronto series - or a couple. Its been like 40+ years lol...
It will happen soon for sure, I cant wait

Oheao

Apr 17, 2014
London
It doesn't even really seem like Detroit has a rival anymore. Colorado was obviously huge at one point, they've faced the Maples Leafs in what is the second most common match-up in the playoffs (34 for Bruins-Canadiens, 23 for Red Wings-Maple Leafs, 17 for Blackhawks-Canadiens) but it's been so long that it isn't really one anymore. I mean they're their own rival right now, the team can't score and can't stop themselves from getting scored on.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It's interesting to see Calgary that high. Oilers are obvious but who outside of that?

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Colorado doesn't have any real heated rivalries. Minnesota was one but that is more of a "remember when you hated this team?" rivalry than anything meaningful, same with the Red Wings.

St. Louis maybe? It's hard to call that a real rivalry since they haven't played each other in the Playoffs in recent memory.

Cursed Lemon

Registered Bruiser
Nov 10, 2011
Dey-Twah, MI
The Wings will always have a regional rivalry with Chicago, but now that they've switched conferences even that has been dampened. It doesn't matter because teams who are terrible don't have rivalries. lol

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
the most of the hate is headed towards to toronto, even though they aren't the biggest rivals of like 28 or 29 of the teams.
I can't agree with that.

On HF from what I can tell there are two kinds of Leaf haters.

1. General fans with main/trade board fatigue beaten down by our over representation and tired of the constant mention of our players even though it is largely group 2 behind it. There arent really that many in this group, less than 10 I can think of.

2. Western Canadian fans with an irrational hostility to Toronto. Spearheaded by insecure teenagers who support the Oilers they hate Toronto due to regional brainwashing and historical grievances they aren't even aware of. Calgary, Winnipeg and Vancouver are minor annoyances in comparison but still have sizable sections that bring an agressiveness we do not see from other fans in the East or US.

I find when exchanging with our rivals (BOS, OTT, MON, BUF) there is much more respect and much less denial about the quality of our team. No disingenuous arguments and no make believe problems. It is very rare you sense hostility from other fans in the states like New York because they aren't raised with "Toronto is evil" complexes. They generally just treat us like everyone else, in my experience.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
bolts fan voting detroit, but boston is up there too. buffalo also always seems to play us chippy - it seems like every time we play them eichel tries to hurt mcdonagh and cernak tries to hurt a sabre

Lol why us? Doesn’t a team have to be somewhat competitive to be your rival?

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
We don’t really have one. I guess Toronto or Montreal because we play them a lot but there’s not really any hatred there.

On HF there’s 5-10 vocal Habs posters who are truly hoping Zadina busts but that’s just HF as far as I know though.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
The lightning are the fresh prime cut and the wings are canner found in your grandparents’ freezer marked for use by 2015.
yeah but its still that kind of feeling when we play lol. nowadays boston may be a bigger rival tho.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Right now, the Caps would be the Pens’ “biggest” rival. They’ve met 3 of the last 4 seasons since the Penguins resurgence in the playoffs. As far as the regular season goes, Columbus and Philly for sure. The Islanders are up there too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad