Which team do you consider your team's biggest rival?

Which team do you consider your team's biggest rival?

• Total voters

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Just want to see where most of the hate on this board is.
Those are not the same thing though. Tampa doesn't really have any rivals but if I had to say one probably the Bruins. There are teams that I hate more than them however.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Those are not the same thing though. Tampa doesn't really have any rivals but if I had to say one probably the Bruins. There are teams that I hate more than them however.
True, I'm sure there's some correlation though.

Reactions: JoVel

eli4spetterss0n

Jul 9, 2013
White Rock, BC
The Canucks don't really have a rivalry right now. The battle against the Alberta teams is always fun but they hate each other more than they hate us.

Hopefully Seattle will change that, and Vancouver will have their first regional rivalry ever.

Reactions: bukwas

MD93

Dec 31, 2013
I guess its the kings for the ducks even though it has died down quite a bit in the past couple seasons. They are not my "most hated" team though.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
With Kadri gone and their slip in the standings the shine of a Leafs Bruins rivalry seems to have worn off. I’ll go with the Habs as the historical rivalry.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
bolts fan voting detroit, but boston is up there too. buffalo also always seems to play us chippy - it seems like every time we play them eichel tries to hurt mcdonagh and cernak tries to hurt a sabre

doomscroll

Jan 15, 2018
The Rangers’ biggest rivals right now would be the tri-state trio of NJD, NYI, and PHI. The Flyers and Rangers have quite a few similarities in their team structures and both seem to be nearing competitiveness (though PHI is right at the cusp while the Rangers are still building).
The Capitals, Penguins, and Rangers had a great playoff rivalry over the last decade or so, but that has obviously not carried on into the present for the Rangers.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
It’ll always be Chicago. Regardless of where the two are in their respective competitive window.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Voted Buffalo. They're the only team that seems to create any heat.
Leafs fan btw.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
:canes

Closest thing we have would be :caps. Former SE Division foe, lot of close games, geographically the closest team to Raleigh (even when Atlanta had the Thrashers). Finally met them in the playoffs for the first time last season and it was an intense 7 game battle.

Also have had 'rivalries' with Boston, Buffalo, Montreal, and New Jersey due to playoff meetings in the 00's and some regular season games then and in the 10's that featured ass-kickings and fights.

The Panthers used to accuse us of being 'divers' 10-15 years ago. Ed Belfour went on a rant about it after a game, Erik Cole or someone on the Canes responded by saying he (Belfour) was just trying to shift blame off himself.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
AVs hated DET until they moved conferences. It became MN until they struggled the last few season. It’s likely the entire division they seem to dislike.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad