Which team do you associate Sergei Gonchar with?

Which team do you associate Sergei Gonchar with?

• Total voters

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
The thing I remember about Brendan Witt is that as a teen / early-20ish DMan on the Capitals he was an electric hitter. I loved how he was fearless and toed the line and lit guys up. And, of course, that Generational Talent he played with for a season.

Then he went to NYI (for a better chance at winning in the Playoffs [hee]) and became a certifiable psychopath and surprisingly dirty player, roomed with Chris Simon (during the “Chris Simon incident”), got hit by a car, and faded into obscurity.

I guess, in my mind at least, the casual fan principally remembers the Isles version of Witt that got the headlines while I’ll always have a softer spot for the guy that wore the black and bronze Screaming Eagle and played the majority of his career with the Caps.

And BTW the correct answer for Gonchar is the Caps.

I forget what he did after he left Wsh, retire(?), disappear(?), get lost at sea(?), hopefully he got shot right into the Sun with Jagr and Lang.

Last edited:

Evergreen

Pittsburgh because I didn’t start seriously following the NHL until 2005. Plus that’s where he played the most playoff games and won the Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad