Which second round series will be the most physical?

LordNeverLose

Jul 2, 2015
Picking a fight
Is Carolina a particularly physical team? Granted, we'll come out trying to knock the shit out of them because that's our gameplan but I'd expect some other series to be more physical overall.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Bruins/BJs for sure. Bruins really aren't that physical of a team anymore but a team like Columbus who definitely is can draw that out of them

SabresSharks

Oct 2, 2007
Bruins/BJs for sure. Bruins really aren't that physical of a team anymore but a team like Columbus who definitely is can draw that out of them
The Leafs could be the main attraction at a petting zoo.

Guys like Anderson, Foligno, and Jenner will be pounding the Bruins. They better be ready for a totally different game.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Is Carolina a particularly physical team? Granted, we'll come out trying to knock the **** out of them because that's our gameplan but I'd expect some other series to be more physical overall.
They were shrinking away from the Capitals forecheck a lot (particularly in the last two games), but they were also not afraid to engage when on their forecheck. Some really questionable/borderline hits as well, but that's par for the course in the playoffs to an extent. Foegele and Martinook will get under the Isles' skin quickly.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
I'm gonna say Stars/Blues here. Those teams already don't like each other. Add in that it's the 2nd round in the playoffs, and it's going to be just short of the final game in Slapshot.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Ok then that could definitely be the right answer. However I also think history plays a big role in how physical series are. Isles/Canes have no playoff history so it's unlikely to get real chippy early.

And we didn't have any playoff history with the Caps, either, prior to this series.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad