Which one of these two things would have the most potential to break HF Boards?

• McDavid signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs

Votes: 123 75.0%
  • Matthews signing with the Arizona Coyotes

Votes: 41 25.0%

• Total voters

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018

1. McDavid signing with the Toronto Maple Leafs
2. Matthews signing with the Arizona Coyotes

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
Matthews/Arizona...simply because it's by far the more likely of the two to come to fruition.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Definitely Matthews. His threads already get so many responses because of both Leaf fans and Leaf haters. Him leaving would bring a lot of trolls out of the woodwork. I don’t see the same negative responses in a McDavid signing thread. You can criticize a lot of high profile UFA deals, but it’d be hard to criticize anyone getting him, no matter the cap.

Reactions: Sundinisagod

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Definitely Matthews. His threads already get so many responses because of both Leaf fans and Leaf haters. Him leaving would bring a lot of trolls out of the woodwork. I don’t see the same negative responses in a McDavid signing thread. You can criticize a lot of high profile UFA deals, but it’d be hard to criticize anyone getting him, no matter the cap.

Matthews to Arizona is very unlikely imo, but it's at least fathomable.

McDavid to Toronto really isn't at this point. if that happened, it would break the internet

Reactions: SheldonJPlankton

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Matthews to Arizona is very unlikely imo, but it's at least fathomable.

McDavid to Toronto really isn't at this point. if that happened, it would break the internet

If it happened though, it would mean McDavid hit free agency, the Leafs would have space, and there would likely be rumblings leading up to it. We wouldn’t be in the same position we are now in terms of likelihood.

I’m also not sure if likelihood is the determining factor here. I think it would be a bigger story eventually, as people start analyzing what it means for the Leafs and McDavid going forward and all time status and all that, but the initial surge of activity is usually what blows up the site, and I think the mocking and “I told you sos” would be more prevalent in an initial surge with Matthews leaving than the surprise posts about McDavid signing. There would be backlash against the Oilers in that scenario, but I don’t think to the same extent, because the Oilers don’t bring out the same vitriol from other fan bases.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
McDavid. He’s the better player and the bigger deal period. The obscene reaction from both sides would really highlight just how foolish it is to mindlessly follow a logo on a sweater.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
I think it would be a bigger deal if the Oilers traded their star to....let's say the Kings, for a few fringe players and some draft picks.

Reactions: SniperHF

SheldonJPlankton

Sponsor
Oct 30, 2006
Matthews ought to sign in Edmonton. Edmonton being the more successful playoff team, stronger winning culture and closer to his home in Phoenix.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
The McDavid one because it has more than a snowflakes chance in hell of happening (but still probably won’t).

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Both of them would activate every Leafs fan on this site, so both

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Matthews to Arizona for sure. There's a decent chance it happens.

McDavid will also likely sign in Toronto...when he's 38 years-old

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Nobody cared if Matthews signs with Yotes but Leafs fans. If McDavid signs with Leafs that would send everybody into a frenzy. Leafs fans saying they've got the best player in the league everyone else saying he's past his prime.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
McDavid because there are 2 large fan bases that give a crap in that scenerio. The 12 Arizona fans wouldnt cause much stir on here

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Imagine how some fandom would troll the shit out of the Leafs it Matthews were to go

It's a dream

KaosKommando

Ask me if I give a shit.
Mar 22, 2022
Lonelywood
It's Matty to Arizona. Since it would not just anger the Leaves; but wake those two Yotes fans and add them to everything. Leaves and HF can break everything, but add those two fans, and it will make it even better than that.

Pizza!Pizza!

Sep 25, 2018
Toronto trades Matthews to AZ to clear cap space for McDavid but then losses to AZ in game 7 OT in the finals when Matthews scores off a breakout pass from AZ TDL acquisition Peter Mrazek.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad