Speculation: Which of your team’s D-men would you not be shocked to see dealt?

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Would assume TvR and Nick Jensen will be made available this summer. Doesn’t mean they’ll trade them but I think I’d be more surprised if one didn’t move than if one did.

Don’t see them trading Carlson, Sandin, or Fehervary. Probably not Alexeyev either as he came on very strong the final 20 games of the season or so.

I'd be surprised if they are still here after the summer:

Nick Jensen / TvR (TvR more likely to stay)

I wouldn't be shocked to see them moved:

Martin Fehervary
Rasmus Sandin
Alex Alexeyev

I would be shocked to see them moved:

John Carlson

That doesn't really mean i expect any of the middle 3 to be moved but it wouldn't surprise me. Alexeyev likely has less value around the league than he has here. Sandin was disappointment this season but he signed a long-term extension that hasn't even kicked in yet. Fehervary looked very good lately but i wouldn't be shocked if he was moved for offensive help. That said i don't expect that to happen given how bad our D would look after that.

Carlson i would be surprised because MacLellan basically mentioned that their goal is that he doesn't have to be #1 in TOI next season.

ScottyK

Hi, I'm mat.
Aug 28, 2008
West of Chicago
I haven't watched New Jersey as much this season but I thought he was a cost controlled steady top 4 LHD who is solid defensively why would you want to trade him?

For the Canucks Hronek might be one but that purely depends on how much he asks for during the offseason.
He regressed a ton this season. I'm not saying throw him away but if you can include him in a package to upgrade you do it.

QuizGuy66

Sep 12, 2011
Siegenthaler if he continues to struggle with Hamilton back, maybe Bahl.

If they made a big enough splash with a D-move I can imagine Marino being a guy traded. Would be unexpected but not a shot IMO.

His contract would be attractive and his play - while falling off some didn't totally cliff dive like Siegenthaler. He would be a more attractive asset in a big swing type of move.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
For the Canucks, this list begins and ends with a single name: Quinn Hughes

At the start of the season, I'd have included Hronek but he's lackluster play for months now and rumored 8M demands have made me think he might end up available. Funny enough, I'd argue Zadorov is more "unmoveable" right now but he's a UFA. So doesn't fit the thread theme

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Jets:

Stanley - He's a cheap bottom pairing D who will hit and fight. Don't see any big need to trade him bc most 3rd pairing guys are just that, 3rd pairing guys for a reason and he's cheap so no big need to trade him.

Pionk - He's a #4-5D, some good games, some bad, mostly just ok games at best. Only reason to trade him is to create cap space if required.

Nate S - Trade him or buy him out, he's a 3rd pairing guy at this stage but he's overpaid.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
Krug
Faulk
Perunovich

Wouldn't be shocked if any of those guys are moved, but also equally unsurprised if they are all still here next season.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Rather than ask “who is available”, I want to rephrase the question as “would wouldn’t be a complete and utter surprise to see get dealt from your team’s D-line”

I could see any of five D-men moving from STL and not be shocked (Perunovich, Tucker, Krug, Faulk, Leddy) but would be caught completely by surprise at a trade if Parayko or Matt Kessell. Harder to see Leddy getting moved, since he has been Parayko’s best partner since Bouwmeester’s sudden retirement, but there’s a scenario or two that makes sense to see him dealt. Not so much for Parayko and Kessell.

Who of your team just absolutely won’t get dealt with 99.5% certainty - and who does that leave with a somewhat reasonable, even if unlikely chance, of getting dealt?
great thread frame

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
From the Leafs perspective, I would be pretty surprised if Liljergen is on the team next week

aylib

Mods are lame
Mar 26, 2002
St. Pete, FL
Anyone but Hedman.

Sergachev, could be a pleasant surprise, depending on the return.
Cernak--would hate to see him go, but his cap is 5.2 mil, not sure how that fits into TB d corps.
Perbix--expendable.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
One of Kulak or Broberg will be traded this offseason.

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
If they made a big enough splash with a D-move I can imagine Marino being a guy traded. Would be unexpected but not a shot IMO.

His contract would be attractive and his play - while falling off some didn't totally cliff dive like Siegenthaler. He would be a more attractive asset in a big swing type of move.
Marino feels like an asset you sell next offseason and not this one. This years UFA class is pretty stacked as far as RHD go with guys like Montour, Pesce, Roy, Demelo, Tanev, Walker, and then potentially Hronek as an RFA.

Next year has what? Larsson? 40 year old Burns? Ekblad if he gets there and that's about it

I think his value is more likely to go up than down. So might as well keep him for the free year.

Reactions: QuizGuy66

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Jets:

Stanley - He's a cheap bottom pairing D who will hit and fight. Don't see any big need to trade him bc most 3rd pairing guys are just that, 3rd pairing guys for a reason and he's cheap so no big need to trade him.

Pionk - He's a #4-5D, some good games, some bad, mostly just ok games at best. Only reason to trade him is to create cap space if required.

Nate S - Trade him or buy him out, he's a 3rd pairing guy at this stage but he's overpaid.
Do you think there will be a Demelo extension coming before July 1 or is could he potentially test the market?

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
I haven't watched New Jersey as much this season but I thought he was a cost controlled steady top 4 LHD who is solid defensively why would you want to trade him?
Just had a rough year which was marred by both bad play and poor injury luck.

I don't think he's likely to go unless the Devils got a shot at a clear upgrade. Can't always sell players after down years. I think they'll let him get back with Dougie and see if gets some of the magic back next year. He was really good last year with Dougie.

Reactions: dgibb10

Kielbasa

Mar 28, 2023
If the Flames got serious a out rebuilding, Anderson would bring in picks/prospects of meaningful quality and potentially accelerate a rebuild. I guess he's the guy they should be trading as much as it would break my heart.

More realistically, Pachal is a guy they'll cash in on for like a 3rd/4th at the deadline, he's been a solid bottom pair. Found money on a waiver pick really.

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
I wouldn't be surprised if they dealt Sanheim or Ristolainen or both. Both have good value and do not fit the timeline and with York, Drysdale anchoring top two pairings, Seeler taking the third, and Zamula being adequate NHL dman, I could see the front office getting more cap dumps or cheaper FA to fill in the difference. NTM Andrae - the final roster spot would be his to lose. I went to a few Phantoms games and he's a noticeably better player than his counterparts at that level.

frisland

Apr 9, 2003
no one's mentioned NYR yet, but the only people i see as possibilities are Lindgren, Jones and Robertson (ahl), with Schneider getting resigned to a Lindgren type 2nd contract (3@$3M)...as much as everyone here would like to trade Trouba i dont think it'll happen.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
For the Ducks, the only ones I see being virtually 100% safe are Mintyukov, Zellweger (both for obvious reasons), and Gudas (mainly because he's the only NHL RHD signed and brings physicality). I doubt Fowler is moved (limited NTC plus cap hit and bring close to 1k games as a Duck). Everyone else wouldn't surprise me. Ducks need 1-2 more defensive RHD (depending on if LaCombe or Zellweger are going to play on their off side). I can see Fowler moved at the deadline or (more likely) next off season if anyone else is making a push for NHL time.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad