Which of these teams makes the playoffs LAST?

Which team makes the playoffs last?

• Total voters

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Coyotes have the lowest internal cap and the worst situation for attracting free agents, so I have to go with them.

TMLegend

May 27, 2012
Somewhere
Ducks, Sharks, Blackhawks, and Blue Jackets are all horrific and thus should be able to accumulate good prospects over the next few seasons giving them a shot of escaping the basement quickly.

Sabres, Sens, Habs, Coyotes, and Flames are more middling, and are more likely to end up in perpetual mediocrity in my opinion.

I think the Sens and Sabres have the best collection of talent in this group in my opinion, and I think they'll make it at some point with their cores.

It's between the Habs, Coyotes, and Flames for me. Flames are older, but tend to be somewhat competitive and may sneak in. Habs are okay, but lack high end talent in my opinion. Coyotes are just.. the Coyotes, a team who can never seem to get out of their own way.

Reactions: Leafidelity

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I really want to say the Ducks are on their way to getting out of the basement once the kids mature but I'm not convinced that Cronin and the rest of the coaching staff are developing Anaheim's youth properly.

Either way, looking at that group, I think San Jose has the toughest road ahead, but some of these teams that feel like they're 2-5 good pieces away from being competitive could just blow up and force a rebuild reset.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
things are pretty grim right now for San Jose

they need to land Celebrini to have any hope of turning things around anytime soon otherwise it's gonna take a long time(and even with him it would still take a while)

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Sharks followed by the Habs.

Sharks legitimately might not see the playoffs for the next decade if they don’t get Celebrini.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I don't see the path for Buffalo to make it in until at least 2027.

Toronto, Boston and Florida aren't falling out of the top 3 anytime soon unless Florida becomes incredibly cheao and refuses to pay all their upcoming UFA's and I doubt that happens.

They aren't as good as Tampa with or without Stamkos.

And Detroit seems to be knocking on the wildcard door.

The Sabres are 6th in the Atlantic until 2027.

To me they are stuck until a top 4 spot opens up and when it does it could be Detroit that takes it.

• Haha
Reactions: GOALOFSSON

Crow

May 19, 2014
I feel like the flames are going to sell off markstrom, be terrible for a couple years and then attempt a rebuild that will be hampered by two large aging contracts that have a lot of years left.

At least the sharks are a couple years passed that with less baggage and a high end top 5 pick developing.

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
Went with Arizona because in their current state it will be nearly impossible to attract free agents or retain any of their good players.

The easy answer is obviously San Jose with how far away they seem to be. But in the NHL fortunate change on a dime so I'm guessing the final answer to this question won't be so obvious.

Reactions: Dr Salt

Dr Salt

Bedard saved me
Feb 26, 2019
ym
The Sharks are bottoming out right now and the length of their rebuild will be extremely lottery-dependent. Feels obvious. Outside of them, I think there are teams like Calgary who look extremely mediocre right now and are not trending towards a playoff direction.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad