Which group of Finnish players would you take?

Which group of Finnish players would you take?

• Total voters

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Do people not remember that Lehtinen won 3 selkes?

Selanne and Kurri are close. I'd give it to Selanne, but it's close.
Koivu vs Koivu is close. I'd give it to Saku, but it's close
Lehtinen vs Jokkinen is not close in any way shape or form

On D
Timonen was a 5 time all-star

Goalies are pretty even
I'm not really convinced the goalies are even, I think Kipr > Rinne. The fact that Kipr is right there career wise considering the D that Rinne consistently had his career is pretty remarkable. For all that Kurri seemingly gets downgraded for being on EDM, we should recognize that between the goalies too. A lot of those CGY teams were butt.

Jorma Heart

Sep 5, 2009
Jere Lehtinen >>> Jussi Jokinen
Mikko Koivu > Saku Koivu
Jari Kurri > Teemu Selänne

Defenseman
Sami Salo > Toni Lydman
Kimmo Timonen = Teppo Numminen

Goalie
Pekka Rinne < Miikka Kiprusoff

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
i'm probably biased as i was a child of the 80's and Kurri was it for Finnish players to me. I'm sure theres some stats out there that show how Selanne was better, but it will always be Kurri to me.

You could easily argue Kurri. I wager most pick Selanne, but Kurri is in the same tier.

I always loved this one sentence I read on this forum long time a go. Paraphrasing: "Kurri's ability to allow Gretzky cheat on defense is the most impressive unrecorded offensive feat of the 80's"

Lehtinen, M. Koivu and Kurri is very great defensive line. Maybe not quite as physical is I would like, but damn that's a smooth and flawless line.

Reactions: Juxta Position

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Lehtinen, M. Koivu and Kurri is very great defensive line. Maybe not quite as physical is I would like, but damn that's a smooth and flawless line.

Jere Lehtinen >>> Jussi Jokinen
Mikko Koivu > Saku Koivu
Jari Kurri > Teemu Selänne

Defenseman
Sami Salo > Toni Lydman
Kimmo Timonen = Teppo Numminen

Goalie
Pekka Rinne < Miikka Kiprusoff

You really think Mikko was better than Saku?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad