Which free agents should we bring back next year?

Which UFA/RFA do you think we should bring back?

• Hamonic

Votes: 74 84.1%
  • Talbot

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • DeBrincat

Votes: 69 78.4%
  • Brannstrom

Votes: 80 90.9%
  • Brassard

Votes: 42 47.7%
  • Watson

Votes: 14 15.9%
  • Gauthier

Votes: 35 39.8%
  • Holden

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Brown

Votes: 6 6.8%

• Total voters

OmniSens

@OmniSenators
Sep 22, 2008
Ottawa
Hamonic has been solid, and has played a big role with Sanderson. I'd love to see DeBrincat back if the price is right. Anything over $8M a season doesn't make any sense. I think Gauthier has been decent too, wouldn't mind him back. Lastly, I think Brassard has had more impact than others will credit him. Bring him back on another 1 year term.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I voted Hamonic, Gauthier and Brannstrom

Hamonic is just one of those critical glue guys. Watson is as well but I don’t think we need both.

Gauthier has speed can score the odd goal and can come in and out of the lineup while costing less than 1M.

Brannstrom is one of our best 6 D so he’s an obvious keep.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I went Hamonic and Brannstrom;

All of these options are based on some dollar ceiling and most can price themselves out of the ceiling I would give them.

At the right price we should bring DeBrincat back but I left him off. Talbot at a bargain price we should probably keep. Not checked.

a Couple on the fence choices with Brass and Gauthier .. "should" seemed a little strong. I'd hang on to Brass over Gauthier but he doesn't qualify for "Should" keep

I'd move on from Holden, Brown, Watson and Joseph

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I'm the lone Talbot guy so far! This team needs a veteran goalie, and I don't feel comfortable with Forsberg/Sogaard tandem.

Talbot bounces back to better form and hopefully injury free. Hard to get into a rhythm. We saw how Gus last year couldn't get into a rhythm, and now he is in quite the rhythm...

Reactions: aragorn

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Hamonic, Debrincat and Brannstrom are "must sign" for me. Of course, the salary cap will have an effect on those signings.

The rest are replaceable.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I'm the lone Talbot guy so far! This team needs a veteran goalie, and I don't feel comfortable with Forsberg/Sogaard tandem.

Talbot bounces back to better form and hopefully injury free. Hard to get into a rhythm. We saw how Gus last year couldn't get into a rhythm, and now he is in quite the rhythm...
I agree. I'd bring back Talbot, but not at the reported $5M.

Reactions: coladin

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
are we trying to be as bad next year as we were this year?

Brannstrom and Gauthier for sure, but Hamonic and Brassard should only be back if they accept near league minimums.

Reactions: Xspyrit

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Hamonic is the main one I think we should keep, provided the price is right as a bottom pairing guy.

Gauthier I would bring back for cheap depth.

DeBrincat seems like an obvious answer to keep but really impacts the teams cap situation and may need to go or may price himself out. He may also not be willing to stay either way. This will obviously be the most interesting situation of all of them.

Big hell no to Talbot imo.

Brassard and Watson I hope we move on from but wouldn't be heartbroken if either is kept as a 13th guy for one more year.

Holden goes, but Brannstrom stays. Either way, I see Brannstrom as a short term piece that will be gone soon if it's not this summer.

Brown I'd offer a two way deal and let him go if he won't accept.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
are we trying to be as bad next year as we were this year?

Brannstrom and Gauthier for sure, but Hamonic and Brassard should only be back if they accept near league minimums.
Yeah like it is those guys fault that they didn't make the playoffs lol. Find me another playoff team that did not have their No. 1 center for 70 games. Take your time

Reactions: Relapsing

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
Yeah like it is those guys fault that they didn't make the playoffs lol. Find me another playoff team that did not have their No. 1 center for 70 games. Take your time

Stutzle is our No. 1c. And that's the point we took two injuries and the season unraveled in part because guys like Hamonic and Brassard were the depth. (More Dorions fault i know)

We should bring them back only if their salary reflects their quality which is bottom pair/relief players. Injuries always happen and good teams have better players that can step up.

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Was there not a report that that said Talbot didn't want to re-sign?

Brann, Hamonic, Brass, Debrincat.

Indifferent on Gauthier or Watson, I'd like someone that can actually win fights, ideally someone that can penalty kill

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Where does he fit? He was upset that we acquired RWs and wanted to be traded, I thought. Now, there's 1 spot in theory and that's line 3 RW with Pinto and Greig - and even then, how do we afford him?
Conor Brown is better/more useful than Batherson and may be able to be signed "on the cheap" since he missed almost the entire season.

If C. Brown wants a big contract then no thanks.

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
Conor Brown is better/more useful than Batherson and may be able to be signed "on the cheap" since he missed almost the entire season.

If C. Brown wants a big contract then no thanks.
Not better, but a more 2-way forward, yeah.

I think the ship has sailed personally.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Watson is cooked, pls no. I know he scored a few goals but he just can't keep up. Gauthier is better at this point in their careers imo

I'll take Hamonic, DBC, Brannstrom, Gauthier

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2