Which era of Blues uniforms is your favorite and what would you like to see next?

letmesleep

Mar 12, 2009
NHLUniforms.com has a detailed history of Blues uniforms HERE.

Personally, I love the set we had from '87-'89. They've got the classic stripes, the less cartoony blue note, and a good amount of red for accent while still relying mainly on blue and gold. I know the red isn't popular with everybody but I'm a fan. I'd like our next set to go back in that direction a little bit though I do like the ones we have now even if I am a tad bit bored with them at this point.

What do you guys think?

JustOneB4IDie

Duel Cancer Survivor
Jan 31, 2011
Imperial, Missouri
The 1979 thru 1984 uniform is my favorite.

Then Harry Ornest's Wife added the awful "BLUES", shrank the bluenote ( and put St. Louis on it ) and added red alsoto the Jersey :shakehead

my 2nd choice is the Blues current 3rd jersey with the Arch , Very sharp.

letmesleep

Mar 12, 2009
The 1979 thru 1984 uniform is my favorite.

Then Harry Ornest's Wife added the awful "BLUES", shrank the bluenote ( and put St. Louis on it ) and added red alsoto the Jersey :shakehead

my 2nd choice is the Blues current 3rd jersey with the Arch , Very sharp.

I think the arching "BLUES" on those sweaters is awful, the worst thing to ever end up on the ice for us and that includes the diagonal stripes from '95-'98.

Yeah, our current thirds are pretty great though I'm finding myself getting bored with them quicker than I thought I would.

I think you'd like these two concepts from icethetics (they're my two favorites):

0613-mikebell-wc2012.png

0416-ryanhaslett-stl.png

letmesleep

Mar 12, 2009
0416-ryanhaslett-stl.png

I think that matched with our current 3rd jerseys are hte best we've had.

I LOVE those ones (minus the lettering/numbering, I'd like it better if they used the same ones we have now). The only problem is that if we used those, they would have to be our away jerseys because they are white. If they were our away jerseys, our current thirds would probably have to become our home jerseys (to match) and I don't think our current thirds are classic enough to be our primary home jerseys. Just my opinion though.

rumrokh

THORBS
Mar 10, 2006
I like the ones prior to '79, before the dark uniforms had shoulder stripes. I'm okay with those stripes, and they look great on the white uniforms, but I like the dark ones a bit better without.

I'm also partial to the 87-94 range. I would love to see an updated version without red and with the current Bluenote.

One thing that the uniforms have done right since 1998 is that they use two shades of blue. An older style jersey, perhaps in the tradition of the 87-94 design, but with both very dark blue and light blue, could be outstanding.

BDEuph

Hotty Toddy
Feb 3, 2009
I like the '68-'73 era (I'm only 37). I bought a Gasoff sweater last year an love the color scheme...it would be a great change to look to the past as with the new TV spots.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
There's pictures online of the ones I'd like to see but it goes back to the lighter blue color similar to that winter classic one pictured above. Also really dig those white ones above

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Since I don't have a computer, if someone doesn't mind, send me your e-mail address and I'll send an NHL 13 pic of what I'd like to see.

*Don't feel like setting up a Photobucket account from my phone*

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Disregard that last post...Here's my idea for the 2013-2014 season. I apologize for the poor quality...

Home

IMAG0300_zpsb3795d4f.jpg

IMAG0301_zps04c0f9b0.jpg

Away

IMAG0302_zpse246e4fd.jpg

IMAG0303_zpsb92976d1.jpg

Just a suggestion to Mr. Halak

IMAG0304_zps02e099cf.jpg

letmesleep

Mar 12, 2009
Those are pretty chill Carvin. I'd probably do something different with the shoulders though.

BlueBeard

Aug 17, 2008
I am a fan of the 79-84 jerseys myself.

Did they only make one of those trumpet jerseys? I'm not going to lie, if there are multiples out there, I want one for my man cave. Heck, get enough scotch in me and I'd probably wear one to a game.

Jzk

Mar 12, 2009
Voted 77-79. I like the strips much better but I like the 90's blue a lot more.

Final Baton

Nov 13, 2010
Québec city
St.Louis-Blues-Jersey.jpg

Those are my favorite, but I forgot the year. I know they're pretty recent and were used just before Reebok got the contract for the NHL IIRC.

Juusho

Jun 17, 2011
Finland
Those are my favorite, but I forgot the year. I know they're pretty recent and were used just before Reebok got the contract for the NHL IIRC.

That's 98-07.

Myself, I like the 79-84 jerseys and really dislike the current home and away ones (3rd is fine). Imo they should be changed to something like the ones Calvin made.

zico20

Nov 7, 2011
I voted for the 77-79 jerseys. Although I would not mind anything up til 1984. The dark blue never did it for me. Also, I cant believe anyone could vote for any jersey with red in it. just awful, plus any jersey with the words Blues on the front. Horrible! Go back to the lighter Blue, it is more original and unique.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: