Which division has the best group of 1Cs?

Best group of 1Cs?

• Total voters

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
It's probably fairly close, but Pacific has some terrific top end, decent depth, and probably takes it on the swing factor of having a few "extra" 1Cs kicking around in waiting.

Though the low-end teams that don't even really have a good #2C in their #1 spot are a real tough element to balance out.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I voted Metro only to discover it has 2/101 votes :laugh:
I think it's the deepest though
Philly and Columbus really drag the metro down to the point that I agree with the consensus that it's the worst of the 4. I can see arguments for any of the other 3 divisions.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
This comment makes absolutely no sense at all.
Then think harder. A certain talent level determines who’s the 1C long term. Pettersson is that talent. Miller can bust his guts to elite level of play for stretches. He’s a low end 1C / high end 2C type of player. Eriksson Ek, Hintz, Zibanejad, Horvat etc. He’s the very opposite of a player like Barzal who is a 1C type of talent but hasn’t stringed together many seasons that matches his talent level.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
Then think harder. A certain talent level determines who’s the 1C long term. Pettersson is that talent. Miller can bust his guts to elite level of play for stretches. He’s a low end 1C / high end 2C type of player. Eriksson Ek, Hintz, Zibanejad, Horvat etc. He’s the very opposite of a player like Barzal who is a 1C type of talent but hasn’t stringed together many seasons that matches his talent level.
The onus is on you to have your statements make sense. You are obviously not thinking whatsoever for deeming Miller a low end 1C. He's a tier ahead of those players you mentioned. Garbage take.

HolyHagelin

Speed? I am speed.
Jan 8, 2024
Wut

Miller has been PPG since he got to Vancouver and is in the midst of his 3rd straight 30 goal season, on what planet is that “low end” 1c? He would take the 1c spot on probably 20-22 rosters.

Philly and Columbus really drag the metro down to the point that I agree with the consensus that it's the worst of the 4. I can see arguments for any of the other 3 divisions.
Eh, zibanejad isn’t helping either. Fortunately Trochek is the actual 1c @ MSG this year

Reactions: Ace of Hades

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
The onus is on you to have your statements make sense. You are obviously not thinking whatsoever for deeming Miller a low end 1C. He's a tier ahead of those players you mentioned. Garbage take.
Yeah Miller’s work ethic is great. He just isn’t your prototypical 1C talent wise hence I don’t see him keeping that up long term.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Yeah Miller’s work ethic is great. He just isn’t your prototypical 1C talent wise hence I don’t see him keeping that up long term.

I think you’re underrating his talent because he doesn’t have anything that stands out like Barzal’s skating and puck handling. Miller is a guy who is good in a lot of areas. Focusing on “wow” stuff is what causes guys like Barzal to get overrated. I mean Miller’s work ethic is fine, but I wouldn’t say he’s an outlier there.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad