Which did you enjoy more, 2016 WCOH or the 2018 Olympic tournament?

which?

• Total voters

MonarchFlames

Sep 30, 2016
Easily the tournament with the more skilled players. You get to watch the best of the best play against each other. Many don't like the concept of the U23 team but to me it's interesting to see how the young talent of the league stacks up against the rest of the best.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
World cup. Although i could've done without team Europe and NA. Would've been nice to see Mcdavid and Crosby together on team Canada and Matthews on team US.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
...Neither. Really DGAF about the Olympics because I don't particularly care which country has the best group of players not currently in the NHL. WCOH maybe slightly more, but still kind of a weird format with not that much tradition or bragging rights in it IMO. Give me Olympics plus NHL players or regular NHL games.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Surprised how many people are saying the World Cup. I was skeptical about the Olympics at first but ended up enjoying it :dunno:

McCullogh

Feb 4, 2006
Paris
I was not to fond of the gimmick teams in the WC (although the NA team was fun to watch). Olympics should be THE tournament and I want to see players like Crosby, Laine, Karlsson and Malkin represent their countries there. Now it was just a big meh for me.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
Meh, I thought the World Cup was just a glorified All Star tournament with gimmick teams. Snoresville.

The Olympics had no NHLers, but at least we got to see some things getting mixed up. Seeing Germany make it to silver was pretty cool. Honestly, it was a bit of fresh air. Sucked not to have guys like Laine and Matthews there, but it was still fun nonetheless. The women's tournament was great as well.

Reactions: Elvs

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
The way it stands now, I prefer the World Championship over both. Especially now, with no NHL'ers in the Olympics, maybe more of them will be enticed to play in this tournament increasing its status.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
That world championship was a gimmick. How can you make team Europe one team like why is Anze kopitar on the same team as Zdeno Chara??? Its a glorified all star game. This Olympics was like backyard wrestling, no big names but it was actually decently entertaining.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Surprised how many people are saying the World Cup. I was skeptical about the Olympics at first but ended up enjoying it :dunno:

I can't root for a team when I don't like any of the players. It's weird.

I need some superstars.

World cup by far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad