Speculation: Which defensive defensemen are available?

LokiDog

Get pucks deep. Get pucks to the net. And, uh…
Sep 13, 2018
Dallas
What? A cup contender giving up a top 4 dman???

Look at the poster. Lindgren isn’t available in any capacity, especially not so that we can let a kid who still hasn’t looked good in the AHL “get some minutes”. Lindgren is stapled to Fox on the top pair when Fox is healthy and is probably one of the most important guys in the room as well. It’s a zero possibility he is moved in season. If he ever leaves, it would be an off season move one day.

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
Zadorov and Tanev are likely to be available despite Calgary stringing a few wins together recently.
Ship em off regardless if we're in the playoffs.

We're going to have boatloads of cap space in the next couple years to replace them.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Haha sure lol

More realistically a mid 2nd.
Probably close to Brett Kulak's trade

1700946429128.png

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
The issue is a 2nd isn't that useful to Montreal, where NHL RD remains thin. I expect if traded, Kovacevic will be part of a larger deal.
A 2nd round pick is really useful. It can be the piece that make a trade possible for a coveted player in a package.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Doubtful across the board.

Roy is playing Top 4 minutes on a Top 5 team atm.

DeAngelo’s early play calls serious doubt into Pesce’s expendability; Pesce also has Toronto on his no trade list, per Pagnotta.

I’ll guess that Toronto is also on Larsson’s no trade list, given that he left a Canadian market to sign just a fair contract in Seattle.

Larsson didn't leave Edmonton he got claimed by Seattle.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Lol like Lindgren, Grz is absolutely not going to be available unless Boston is moving him in a deal that upgrades their forwards. The Bruins are a top team in the league atm. Selling off a top 4 defenseman is ridiculous
The Bruins after today should have them all available, and Montys, system finally caught up to them ,even Ullmark could not save the day.

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Sean Walker is the hmmm name.

He has never played better. Now here are your questions.
1)Do you trust the injury history?
2) Would you pay to resign on what will be easily his best year in the NHL.
3) Is this just a contract year bonus play.

Reactions: Flair Hay

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
Would:

Beauvillier
Podkolzin

For

Murphy

Work?
That's a little rich for my blood. Management and most Canucks fans are very high on Pod. Beau for cap works for me, but he will be more then a cap dump for Chicago.

I'd be more comfortable with McDonough or even Karlsson if we're talking wingers, or one of the D mentioned. To bring out my inner Benning, I'd be alright with a pick included too.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
That's a little rich for my blood. Management and most Canucks fans are very high on Pod. Beau for cap works for me, but he will be more then a cap dump for Chicago.

I'd be more comfortable with McDonough or even Karlsson if we're talking wingers, or one of the D mentioned. To bring out my inner Benning, I'd be alright with a pick included too.

You might be comfortable trading those guys, but Chicago would want something of value for a RHD, who's skill is defense.

If it's too rich, that's ok. Thanks for the response.

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
You might be comfortable trading those guys, but Chicago would want something of value for a RHD, who's skill is defense.

If it's too rich, that's ok. Thanks for the response.
Those were mentions, but Podkolzin is still one of our top young forwards and management has bent over backwards to try to kick start his offense, including importing his KHL coach.

I'm not offering those guys because they are significantly less likely to be of impact in their careers, more just because the one prospect that was brought up is someone Allvin and Rutherford love.

Murphy's extra years were the plus that would make him more attractive, to me, over Tanev or Zadorov presently, but if the cost is going to greatly exceed what Flames fans are asking for (say a 2nd+older prospect+cap), I agree, it's ok we don't see eye to eye on Murphy's value. Great player, I'd like to see what he is traded for if it comes to that. No worries Voodoo, it's always fun with you.

Reactions: Voodoo Glow Skulls

Ledge And Dairy

The Bruins after today should have them all available, and Montys, system finally caught up to them ,even Ullmark could not save the day.
The next game starts at 0-0. Bruins will be buyers at the deadline and likely are looking to add a top 6 center (whether that's Henrique, Lindholm, Monahan, or maybe Nelson idk). 1 loss vs another juggernaut is not the end of the world.

Reactions: biturbo19

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
A 2nd round pick is really useful. It can be the piece that make a trade possible for a coveted player in a package.
Sure. But it also means playing a lesser player in that role for now, and more losing isn't what this team needs. There's also team dynamics: he's part of the new young core that started to emerge last season. You don't dump these guys for a random pick.
I'm not saying not to deal him... just that I wouldn't trade him for a 2nd if no other moves are planned.

Reactions: viceroy

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
The next game starts at 0-0. Bruins will be buyers at the deadline and likely are looking to add a top 6 center (whether that's Henrique, Lindholm, Monahan, or maybe Nelson idk). 1 loss vs another juggernaut is not the end of the world.
That other juggernaut was nothing special either . Center is not the problem so many make it out to be, not saying they don't need a center, but a center you are talking about is going to be subtraction to your present roster, so you are not gaining there, or you move draft picks which you do not have, or prospects, which I am not against in the right deal. Those players you mentioned are just not realistic to obtain at this time. The defense is a problem, after the top three and they were nothing special today . they could use a forward that could help out the offense and a big body would be nice. Get JVR off the PP , put Coyle or DeBrusk there. I agree with you that it was only one game, but they did not play well against Detroit also.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Lol like Lindgren, Grz is absolutely not going to be available unless Boston is moving him in a deal that upgrades their forwards. The Bruins are a top team in the league atm. Selling off a top 4 defenseman is ridiculous
He averages 15:37 and has 1 point?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad