Which country has a stronger football team: USA or Canada?

Stronger soccer team?

• USA

Votes: 48 82.8%
  • Canada

Votes: 10 17.2%

• Total voters

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
thank you for admitting defeat
Just not wasting more energy. Think I’ve said what I need to say and it’s all out there. I’ll save HF the bandwidth. I also don’t think anyone wins or loses. It’s just talking There’s a game tomorrow to focus on

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
The sad part is that the USA will more than likely fall to the Netherlands tomorrows and some of these jack wagons in here will use it as fuel to state Canada is superior to the US.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think Canada peaked during qualification and their standard of play dipped considerably once they had formally qualified.

They were unbeatable, for a relatively short span of time, all things considered.

It permitted them to qualify in the position that they were in, but due to injury, a collective sigh of relief, or simply regressing back to the mean, it was pretty clear that they weren’t as strong leading into the World Cup Finals and it did have me concerned.

Were Canada better than the US at one point? Sure, I think the case can be made.

Are they better than the US? No I don’t think so. I would need a much larger sample size and better results when the pressure was at its peak.

Meanwhile, patting ourselves on the back for “dominating Belgium” and still losing was cringeworthy.

Good teams win matches that they should.

Not to mention, Belgium pretty much revealed their lack of quality in their other two matches.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
More like a therapy session for poor Canadians getting handed the harsh reality that winning qualification doesn't mean jack shit.
Take your place on the couch. It's what everyone knew, you managed to get out of one of if not the easiest groups in the tournament and are now easily dispatched by a half ways decent team from from europe, not a great team from Europe, a decent team.

No more smoke to blow now, thank heavens.

Reactions: Pink Mist

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
Pretty clear by now that all CONCACAF nations in their current form are complete trash. Who cares who is better when you battled it out with Haiti or Anguilla to get to the World Cup ?

Pink Mist

RIP MM*
Jan 11, 2009
Toronto
USA just lost to an okay Dutch team struggling with a flu outbreak. Not sure they have much of a leg to blow smoke with either

But congrats on scoring a goal against Iran and Wales

Reactions: jj cale

Karterthadon

Nov 1, 2022
To recap: Canada was the best CONCACAF team of the qualifying cycle but the worst CONCACAF team at the World Cup.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Pretty clear by now that all CONCACAF nations in their current form are complete trash. Who cares who is better when you battled it out with Haiti or Anguilla to get to the World Cup ?
Yes. Let’s annex more UEFA teams to CONCACAF so qualifying can be harder. That’s exactly how it works.

No one is saying Haiti is good but you can only play who is in your region. Onus is on the federations to find better opponents in international windows. That’s all you can do

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
USA just lost to an okay Dutch team struggling with a flu outbreak. Not sure they have much of a leg to blow smoke with either

But congrats on scoring a goal against Iran and Wales
We will take Canada more seriously when they are ranked in the top 40 in the world.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Except hockey and some winter olympic sport; Canada absolutely SUCKS at all other sports. At the global stage they just don't perform.

US also just invests in their own domestic sports where people across the globe don't really care much NFL, MLB and NBA but US is always up there in the Olympics though winter or summer.

US also has better sports funding and programs IMO compared to Canada. One thing Canada had was hockey; but even Hockey Canada is tainted with recent controversies.

Anyway, US wins when it comes to sports IMO as a whole not just in soccer

Reactions: Hockey4Lyfe

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
1670087350983.gif

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Before this rightfully gets locked I am standing by that USA was not one of the 16 best teams in Qatar. Canada also gets out of Group B, but also lose to Netherlands. See the haters in four years.

Reactions: Pink Mist

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Before this rightfully gets locked I am standing by that USA was not one of the 16 best teams in Qatar. See the haters in four years
I think they’re in that group of like teams 12-20 who could be argued there or argued out both with pretty valid arguments.

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Before this rightfully gets locked I am standing by that USA was not one of the 16 best teams in Qatar. See the haters in four years
This is a thread of who is better between Canada, the 41st ranked team and didn’t make the knockout stage, and the USA, the 16th ranked team and made the knockout stage.

Seems like the answer is pretty straight forward. Canada has a long way to go.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I think they’re in that group of like teams 12-20 who could be argued there or argued out both with pretty valid arguments.
Sure. I don’t agree with it, but don’t think it’s unfair either.

This is a thread of who is better between Canada, the 41st ranked team and didn’t make the knockout stage, and the USA, the 16th ranked team and made the knockout stage.

Seems like the answer is pretty straight forward. Canada has a long way to go.
Not rehashing this again for you.

See you in four years

Hockey4Lyfe

Feb 26, 2018
Sure. I don’t agree with it, but don’t think it’s unfair either.

Not rehashing this again for you.

See you in four years
Don’t need to rehash anything. You are stuck on arguing that the USA was not a top 16 team when this thread has nothing to do with that.

One team actually walked the walk and made it to the knockout stage. While the other one didn’t.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
When a wealthy country of 300 plus million with half of it's geography in the warm weather zone can't even be superior to a cold weather country in a sport like tennis it's probably best not to talk about how lousy another country is in sports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad