Which Caps' player has impressed you the most so far?

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
This is the forth game of the series I've been able to catch and I've gotta say Chimera has impressed me a ton. I knew he had a high compete level, but he's been so damn disciplined.

That penalty he took earlier was a crap call IMO. He's picked up a few points and he's done a great job of constantly punishing the opposition without leaving his team out to dry. He's been a part of a ton of shifts which have positively effected the Caps' momentum.

Liberati0n*

Chimera/Perreault/Fehr/Ward. All the guys coach Langway didn't believe in.

For the Rangers Tim Peel has really made things happen out there. #Refsfault #leagueconspiracy

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Chimera/Perreault/Fehr/Ward. All the guys coach Langway didn't believe in.
Pshaw.

Probably Perreault for me. He's brought it and I wasn't sure if he could against a bigger, more physical team in the playoffs.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Perreault, Fehr, Oleksy have all played very well.

Yeah, I'd say Perreault, he does not look lost at all in the playoffs, battles through everything, and somehow suddenly seems in better shape than in regular season. Bodes really well for the future.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Ward once FINALLY promoted. Duh. Was I really the only one wanting him promoted?
Fehr
Adam Oleksy
Chimera
MP

Losers Bracket
Top Line
Bottom Line.
Erskine Struggling. Odd though, since he was so good against the Rags previous. Ailing I think.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
No. You were the only one wanting Fehr demoted.

I wanted Ward promoted.

were you afraid that Fehr would become upset?

After a loss and you still defend pinning Ward brought here for playoff heroics on 4?

Really

You move him what, after 6 games?

Liberati0n*

I wanted Ward promoted.

were you afraid that Fehr would become upset?

After a loss and you still defend pinning Ward brought here for playoff heroics on 4?

Really

You move him what, after 6 games?

And you edit again. No, I suggested switching Brouwer and Ward instead. I'm like the most pro-Ward person on this forum. I don't care if Fehr gets upset, but managing player confidence is a real aspect of coaching. That's beside the main point anyway, which is that Fehr had been one of the best players. He should have been getting more ice time, for the sake of the team's chances.

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Hey guys,

I'm a Canucks fan, only jumped on the Caps bandwagon at the start of the playoffs. So I've definitely got a bit of an outsider perspective...

Perreault, Olesky and MOJO have all really impressed me, we definitely don't hear a lot about any of those guys out West. I would probably say I'm the most impressed with MOJO though, really dynamic player.

Least impressive: Erskine. Looks like he has most of the tools to be a solid stay at home D-man, but he seems to panic with the puck and not make good decisions. He also seems to have quite a bit of problems with the Rangers forecheck.

Obviously guys like Ward and Green have also been very impressive, but I have seen quite a bit of those guys before.

Brad Tolliver

Terror Goes Into
Feb 17, 2004
Overtime
Hey guys,

I'm a Canucks fan, only jumped on the Caps bandwagon at the start of the playoffs. So I've definitely got a bit of an outsider perspective...

Perreault, Olesky and MOJO have all really impressed me, we definitely don't hear a lot about any of those guys out West. I would probably say I'm the most impressed with MOJO though, really dynamic player.

Least impressive: Erskine. Looks like he has most of the tools to be a solid stay at home D-man, but he seems to panic with the puck and not make good decisions. He also seems to have quite a bit of problems with the Rangers forecheck.

Obviously guys like Ward and Green have also been very impressive, but I have seen quite a bit of those guys before.
Good god, the Canucks really are that soft.

ChibiPooky

Yay hockey!
May 25, 2011
Fairfax, VA
So far, it's gotta be "Future 2C" "part of the elite forward of the team" Perreault. He is making things happen all over the place.

Honorable mention to Green.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Please spell our players' names correctly when you post on our board.

We keep him in the lineup because of his toughness and the other LD options being Jeff Schultz ( :banghead: ) and Dmitry Orlov, whom Oates doesn't look to be a big fan of.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
Like I said in the other thread.

MP. I thought he was pretty good in the regular season, but he's stepped it up in the playoff. His hustle. His compete level. Everything has been fantastic. What an awesome scrappy little center. Everything I'd hoped he'd be.

Mojo on the other hand is absolute garbage.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010

This was Erskine's worst game in a while IMO. Overall, he's been pretty good this year. He adds a level of toughness to the team that is needed (contrast this with Hillen, Green). Sure, he's not the guy who you want the puck on his stick. He does have an ok slapshot though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad