Value of: Which Canuck players are likely gone this summer?

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Curious to see how much of this roster Vancouver can retain for next year. I think some guys have priced themselves out of Vancouvers budget. Joshua, Blueger, Hoglander, even Lafferty would get very good offers in the open market. Even Garland isn’t really needed in Vancouver. He makes a lot for a top 9 guy. I think Vancouver would be wise to shop him this summer because he’s having a pretty good year this year. Who do you think is for sure gone?

If Hronek resigns then they will have less cap. And isn’t it next summer that Pettersson’s new contract kicks in?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I think Vancouver can keep most the guys they want. They just need to figure out how to unload the Mikheyev contract and maybe Garland for players Vancouver have with term.

I think it's a safe bet of the pending UFAs Lindholm and Zadorov will get their best offers somewhere other than from Vancouver.

Edit: Hogs is signed next year @1.1M then RFA, with his 5v5 goal production, he's going nowhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
I think Vancouver can keep most the guys they want. They just need to figure out how to unload the Mikheyev contract and maybe Garland.

Garland is one of the best forwards, he does it all, the team can't afford to trade him.

They probably keep Joshua, Blueger, and Myers who has said he will take less to stay.

Reactions: Ita

God

Free Citizen
Apr 2, 2007
Vancouver
Hoglander is signed for 1.1M next season. Garland is their most consistent top 9 forward so he won't be traded. Blueger won't be that expensive.

The biggest question is Joshua. He took another step this year with better coaching and forming chemistry with Garland - does he believe he can repeat this performance in another environment and chase the money, or does he take a little less knowing that he's in a good position to succeed here? I probably go up to 4M AAV for him at this point.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Hoglander is signed for another year so no, he hasn't priced himself out.

Hronek is RFA and a deal will get done, no question about it.

Joshua is the only significant piece they will likely lose and they will need to retool their D, although perhaps for the better with Myers finally off the books.

Lafferty and Blueger, although having nice seasons, are the definition of replaceable if they don't want to resign to reasonable deals.

So other than Joshua you are talking about relatively minor holes to fill with no real cap crunch to speak of other than OEL's dead cap beginning to rise.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Lindholm, Cole, Lafferty and one of Z/Myers will be gone. They'll do all they can to keep Joshua.

Last edited:
Reactions: bobbyb2009

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
myers gone. zadarov depending on asking price. a revamped D and a couple of top 9 forwards that can score. also mikeheyev might be gone. boeser? who knows.

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
The trade of Kuzmenko really opened up so many options. I think Lindholm likely walks.
I hope they can sign Joshua but I think he cashes in and deservedly so. He’s had a breakout year and is that rare forward who has a lot of bite to his game to go along with great hands.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad