Which Bruin gets Shanabanned First?

Kaoz*

Can you elaborate on the new appeal process? I haven't read anything about it yet.

Don't know any details, just what was posted on TSN.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=412844
- Supplemental discipline for players in on-ice incidents will go through NHL disciplinarian Brendan Shanahan first, followed by an appeal process that would go through Bettman. For suspensions of six or more games, a neutral third party will decide if necessary.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Glad for the new appeal process. I can see the B's getting their use out of it seeing as Shanahan tends to go with the whiniest public opinion... and the B's bitterest rival happens to be the whinest bunch of NHL fans going (Lindy Ruff must of grown up a Habs fan).

I have no faith that the appeal process will do any good because I full expect that whoever decides on the appeals will be too reluctant to undermine Shanahan's calls and therefore the percentage of successful appeals will probably be extremely low.

Kaoz*

I have no faith that the appeal process will do any good because I full expect that whoever decides on the appeals will be too reluctant to undermine Shanahan's calls and therefore the percentage of successful appeals will probably be extremely low.

True, and you'll more likely see more 5 game suspensions to avoid a ruling by an outside party.

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
oh boy, just thinking of this gets my blood boiling. I would guess Lucic in a division game, probably a borderline hit that gets blown way out of proportion.

doc5hole

Nov 30, 2003
www.southcoasttoday.com
How about Horton? He didn't play, hasn't played in a very long time, is one of those heavyweight type of players who needs to be intense to be effective. I can see him missing the mark trying to catch up to the game.

SPB2776

Jun 4, 2009
Marchand is a marked man because of the whining from a certain corner of the league and his own questionable actions.
Love to see a clean slate in terms of supplemental discipline, but that ain't gonna happen

Kaoz*

Looch and Marchand are for the most part issues when Boston plays Vancouver. Boston won't have that game this year and therefore the squeaky wheel demanding attention in regards to them likely won't be as squeaky.

Montreal hates Chara, hell they tried to get him arrested. In a shortened season the Bruins will see a ton of the Habs in a relatively short timespan. Chara gets my vote.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad