Which Brooks will end the season with more points?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Laich is shooting only 1.6%. Nobody shoots only 1.6%. He's going to score again. If he continues producing shots at the same rate he has this season and shoots his career average (9.4%) during that span he will score 3 more goals this season.

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Laich is shooting only 1.6%. Nobody shoots only 1.6%. He's going to score again. If he continues producing shots at the same rate he has this season and shoots his career average (9.4%) during that span he will score 3 more goals this season.
Nobody shoots only 1.6% because they are out of the league if they suck so much. Laich is shooting 0%. His goal wasn't a shot. He's never going to score again.

I can't help but hear it with a French pronunciation now.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
Using his career S% is more than a little disingenuous at this point.

His ES S% the last several years, generally playing with better linemates...
4.6%
10.17%
4.48%
6.67%
6.57%

Outside of one outlier, he is trending downwards. This year's 1.82% is probably a little unlucky, but let's not pretend like he's going to return to nearly 10% the rest of the year. One extra goal this year would bump him up to 3.6%, which isn't exactly a stretch when you compare it to past seasons and his usage this year.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Is this counting garbage anti-tank points while with the Maple Leafs or not?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Using his career S% is more than a little disingenuous at this point.

His ES S% the last several years, generally playing with better linemates...
4.6%
10.17%
4.48%
6.67%
6.57%

Outside of one outlier, he is trending downwards. This year's 1.82% is probably a little unlucky, but let's not pretend like he's going to return to nearly 10% the rest of the year. One extra goal this year would bump him up to 3.6%, which isn't exactly a stretch when you compare it to past seasons and his usage this year.

His career percentage is also showing that decline. His prime seasons his total shooting percentage was 17.2%, 12.4%, and 11.3%. That 9.4% number is already suppressed compared to those. Even if you take a 6% figure, that's still calling for an expected 2 goals in the remainder of the season. The point here is that 1.6% is unsustainably low.

Stewie G

Needed more hitting!
Oct 19, 2009
His career percentage is also showing that decline. His prime seasons his total shooting percentage was 17.2%, 12.4%, and 11.3%. That 9.4% number is already suppressed compared to those. Even if you take a 6% figure, that's still calling for an expected 2 goals in the remainder of the season. The point here is that 1.6% is unsustainably low.
Eh. No real point in arguing whether he'll score 0, 1, or 2 goals the rest of the way, but using career S% for a guy who skates with 4th liners now and no longer sees PP time was a stretch.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Nobody shoots only 1.6% because they are out of the league if they suck so much. Laich is shooting 0%. His goal wasn't a shot. He's never going to score again.

I tend to agree with Hive that he's going to score 2 or 3 more this year (he's getting some decent looks) but I laughed pretty hard at this quote. Well done.

I had forgotten that Laich's goal hit him in the leg. :laugh:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I can't help but hear it with a French pronunciation now.

I don't have such a bad accent, but my father has a terrible French accent. But Batya would have roughly the same pronunciation in French or English for me. It's probably not too far off from
the actual pronunciation in Russian.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I think Orpik, especially if paired with high risk Orlov for a few more games.

Laich has recently had his first scratch. While it seemed to motivate him, it was a sign of the times and something new to consider when projecting points.

And I don't think he is above future scratches, and even more so if we add a wing at the dead. The best thing Laich has going for him is that Latta is a RH shot, that is not much to hold onto in a scoring race. Orpik should log enough time on a high scoring team to log enough ghost assists to win it.

Nobody shoots only 1.6% because they are out of the league if they suck so much
:laugh:

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The fact that Brooks ****ing Orpik is beating Brooks Laich in a poll related to scoring is pathetic. He has the offensive skill of an average AHL player.

thedragonsowner

Feb 18, 2016
Points vs. Goals

The original poll was for which Brooks would end the season with more points, though the discussion has veered to goals. As Orpik starts to get back into game shape, he will be getting more minutes than Laich at ~2:1; with the offensive output of this squad, he should have no problem eclipsing Laich's production just through being involved in the play and picking primary/secondary apples.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
TurtleRaces.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: