Which arenas have the massive video scoreboards and the projection on the ice

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I visited MSG earlier this year and they have the massive gorgeous video scoreboard and I have also seen on TV the very cool video projections on to the ice like Vegas and Montreal have. There are 32 teams in the league and was wondering which arenas have each of those fan-wow features.

Sadly my hometown team in Columbus has neither. It's a nice arena to see a game (would be nicer if they won more) but it does not have these newer bells and whistles to get the crowd pumped up and excited. Ironically though their minor league team in Cleveland that plays in the NBA Cavs Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse arena does have those awesome scoreboards.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Short list from quick web search & visit experiences. I'm sure other members have more to add.

Bell Centre-Montreal ... check ...
bell-center-arena.jpg

T-Mobile Arena-Las Vegas ... check ...
2024-02-06_10-21-53.jpg

Amalie Arena-Tampa Bay ...
Amalie-Arena-Hockey-Section-115-Row-N_on_1-10-2019_FL.jpg

Scotia Bank Arena-Toronto ...
FApWEmIXEAIkozc.jpg_large.jpg

Climate Pledge Arena-Seattle ...
seattle-kraken-game.jpg

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Short list from quick web search & visit experiences. I'm sure other members have more to add.

Climate Pledge Arena-Seattle ...
View attachment 815324
Does Seattle have that 3D effect? How do they do that?

When I went to Bell Centre they did something cool. They showed photos of fans on the video board like they were Polaroids, they would slide off the bottom of the video board and show up on the ice. The ice was cluttered with Polaroids scattered around. Cool effect!

many76

Sep 20, 2014
is Toronto not getting a new scoreboard with the 350 million renovation planned

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
The Winnipeg Jets have the same setup as Montreal, Tampa, Toronto, etc.

No clever 3D effects or insults at visiting teams, but enough tricks and fancy moving lights to give you a headache and maybe trigger epilepsy.

Reactions: KevFu

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Couldn't tell you, I go to watch the game not watch TV

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
This is interesting but its not quite up to date since it shows the Coyotes at Gila River Arena and I know the MSG video board is giant because I was there this year.
The MSG board is still the one installed in 2013

The Devils' board is by far the biggest 4 sided board in the NHL

3 years ago TD Garden upgraded the board and Daktronics told them we couldn't make it any larger as it would start obstructing views of the ice in the balcony.

Let's go back to 1941

1707466866210.png

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Sharks recently upgraded center scoreboard. As for projectors, they've been doing it for decades, nominally in the playoffs. (Haven't been to a game at SAP Center in years to confirm status. And they won't be playing at home for another week.)

AHL Henderson does it, IIRC

tank44

Feb 1, 2012
Seattle, WA
For clarification in Seattle, there is not a single large video board at center ice, rather TWO medium sized video boards at each end of the rink.

Attachments

• Climate-Pledge-Arena-Hockey-Section-216_on_4-27-2022_FL.jpg
    Climate-Pledge-Arena-Hockey-Section-216_on_4-27-2022_FL.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Stumbledore

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
The MSG board is still the one installed in 2013

The Devils' board is by far the biggest 4 sided board in the NHL

3 years ago TD Garden upgraded the board and Daktronics told them we couldn't make it any larger as it would start obstructing views of the ice in the balcony.

Let's go back to 1941

View attachment 816883
Interesting, the MSG video board feels so much bigger than the one at Nationwide. That Prudential video board is pretty impressive.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
The Lightning only do video projection during the playoffs. Regular season it's just static projection.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad