Which AHL prospect do you most want to see called up?

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Chris Terry. I think his time is past due for an extended look up here. He can produce in the shootout too, which is a big aspect of this team that's not been producing. From a "fit" standpoint, I feel like he's the most deserving. Rask will get his time, but we'd be wise to let him continue to develop his offensive game in Charlotte until further notice. Terry can play. I've been a fan of his for a long time.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Chris Terry. I think his time is past due for an extended look up here. He can produce in the shootout too, which is a big aspect of this team that's not been producing. From a "fit" standpoint, I feel like he's the most deserving. Rask will get his time, but we'd be wise to let him continue to develop his offensive game in Charlotte until further notice. Terry can play. I've been a fan of his for a long time.

This, for two reasons:

1) We need someone that actually belongs in the bottom 6 that can still score goals. Terry might be the only guy in the organization that fits that bill right now, we just don't know because we've never given him an extended look (I believe he DID score in his brief callup, though).

2) We desperately need someone to score in a shootout. He's good at that.

3) He freaking deserves it.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
I don't know nearly enough about Terry's all around game to know if he would fit in a bottom 6 roll. As far as him producing in the shootout goes, I wouldn't count on it. There's a big difference between scoring 1 on 1 with an AHL goalie and an NHL goalie. The AHL is a league Justin Peters was an All-Star in.

Francis10

Jan 28, 2012
Canada
Terry should get first crack to see if he can fit in on line #2. He has done nothing but score in the AHL....he deserves a long look.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
So we'd bump out Westgarth/sutter for this AHL callup? I think Muller likes Bowman too much to send him down.

All healthly, I don't think their is room with Malholta up.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
If actually like it if no one got called up since that would mean the Canes were healthy
for once.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Not to mention he stood out in a good way in training camp. Plus it would be one more subtle little jab at Marc going "hey, yeah you, yeah this is happening"

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site

Toot, toot. Sorry guys. When you're as wrong as frequently as I am I have to savor the wins.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Toot, toot. Sorry guys. When you're as wrong as frequently as I am I have to savor the wins.

I'm right there with you Vagrant, he was great in his callup last year and I think he's looked good so far. 2-for-2 in the shootout doesn't hurt. Nash seems like he's money as well, he's hit that post (and cleanly beat the goaltender) pretty solidly twice in two attempt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad