Speculation: Which Acquisition(s) Would You Make? Which Would Lombardi Make?

LAKings88

Fire BLuc
Dec 4, 2006
Blackhole
Ladd and Moulson seem like DL guys if the price is right.

I kind of want Big Buff just for fun tho.

In reality, I'd be surprised by a big ticket name due to the cap and what we have to offer.

Probably end up with a 3rd pairing defenseman and/or Bourque.

HolyShot*

The worst thing to do is sit back and wait for someone internally to fill the lw spot. Dl needs to trade for someone highly skilled to fill that spot. I would target benn, jvr (size), kessel or even nash. La needs an injection of skill to jumpstart this rebuild on the fly. I was a proponent of keeping penner, but that ship sailed.

Dl will sign a mediocre player to our top 6 and will probably overpay. This orgs on cruise control right now. Nothings really an issue w management.

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
Why would DL go after Girardi?

Moulson or Ladd are ideals but I'd be totally fine with Kane too. Vanek as well but I don't see him staying unlike Moulson.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
Who do I want? Too easy. Evander Kane. Perfect fit for our system.

Who's the likeliest to be acquired? Probably Moulson.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Why would DL go after Girardi?

Moulson or Ladd are ideals but I'd be totally fine with Kane too. Vanek as well but I don't see him staying unlike Moulson.

Girardi makes the best defense in the NHL in to a ******* unstoppable force of amazingness while making the defensive side of that group younger, adds a tremendous shot blocker so our PK is good for years to come, either a long term partner for Drew or Slava while the other gets Gravel in a few years, and one of the best true two way defenseman, but with the focus being on the defensive side of his game. To me, I'd honestly rather have Girardi than any other possible "available" player. We've got wingers coming up. Prokhorkin, Zykov, Fasching, Pearson, Deslauriers, and a possible 1st rounder in this upcoming draft is a very good group of young top 6 potential wingers. We're in win now mode but we won with almost the same damn wingers, except we subtracted a fat, lazy, worthless player in the top 6 and added a guy we hoped he could be by simply giving King the chance. Willie is getting up in age, Regehr too and he's already immobile, and Greene is a 3rd pairing guy. Girardi would simply be AMAZING to have.

BringTheReign

Jul 3, 2008
San Diego
The worst thing to do is sit back and wait for someone internally to fill the lw spot. Dl needs to trade for someone highly skilled to fill that spot. I would target benn, jvr (size), kessel or even nash. La needs an injection of skill to jumpstart this rebuild on the fly. I was a proponent of keeping penner, but that ship sailed.

Dl will sign a mediocre player to our top 6 and will probably overpay. This orgs on cruise control right now. Nothings really an issue w management.

Uhhh....what?

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006

When would you target these guys and what would you give for them.

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think Andrew Ladd would be a great addition. He had 46 pts in 48 games last year (more than any King last yr) and has a respectable 30 pts this year. He has played in 3 long playoff runs with Carolina and 2 with the Hawks. (2 Cup rings?) Good size, good all around play and in his prime, at 28 yrs old.

Wouldn't cost as much as Kane and some others on your list. And a LW.

I think the other move the Kings should make, is get Bernie Nicholls back, working with the PP. Bernie helped with that 2 yrs ago and it made a big difference. Is he coaching somewhere else?

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Ladd or Moulson up front would be ideal. Pay what it takes for the player you need.

Defensively Girardi would be awesome and make a ton of sense moving forward. Andrew MacDonald is my dark horse based on his resume and 550k cap hit, plus what he could do for us oving forward as well. Giordano is a pipe dream, but its a nice one.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Ladd or Moulson up front would be ideal. Pay what it takes for the player you need.

Defensively Girardi would be awesome and make a ton of sense moving forward. Andrew MacDonald is my dark horse based on his resume and 550k cap hit, plus what he could do for us oving forward as well. Giordano is a pipe dream, but its a nice one.

From many accounts on here, MacDonald is just an absolute liability. From what I've read, he's similar to Muzzin but with better offense.

HolyShot*

When would you target these guys and what would you give for them.
I would trade for them right now.

These teams would want everything and the kitchen sink and I'd make it happen. Itd mean soldifying the core and being on par w chi, ana, pit, etc. We'd be unstoppable.

For benn, dal would want:

Brown/williams, voynov, toffoli, pearson, vey/zykov and our 2014 1st. I pull the trigger on that.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
Guys I would love to have would be either Kane or Ladd. However if you go after Kane its, going to cost 1 of Toffoli/Pearson/Vey+Roster player+ 1st round pick and maybe a B level prospect. Ladd would be less, but it will still be expensive. Moulson and Cammy would be the players that I would go after and seem like the players that DL would be most likely to go after.

Reclamation Project

Cut It All Right In Two
Jul 6, 2011
I would trade for them right now.

These teams would want everything and the kitchen sink and I'd make it happen. Itd mean soldifying the core and being on par w chi, ana, pit, etc. We'd be unstoppable.

For benn, dal would want:

Brown/williams, voynov, toffoli, pearson, vey/zykov and our 2014 1st. I pull the trigger on that.

jtfc

Dmitri Orlov lol. Unless a writer is what this team needs.

We could certainly trade NotHelen.

SFKingshomer

Aug 2, 2008
Sioux Falls
Girardi makes the best defense in the NHL in to a ******* unstoppable force of amazingness while making the defensive side of that group younger, adds a tremendous shot blocker so our PK is good for years to come, either a long term partner for Drew or Slava while the other gets Gravel in a few years, and one of the best true two way defenseman, but with the focus being on the defensive side of his game. To me, I'd honestly rather have Girardi than any other possible "available" player. We've got wingers coming up. Prokhorkin, Zykov, Fasching, Pearson, Deslauriers, and a possible 1st rounder in this upcoming draft is a very good group of young top 6 potential wingers. We're in win now mode but we won with almost the same damn wingers, except we subtracted a fat, lazy, worthless player in the top 6 and added a guy we hoped he could be by simply giving King the chance. Willie is getting up in age, Regehr too and he's already immobile, and Greene is a 3rd pairing guy. Girardi would simply be AMAZING to have.

This

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad