Which 8 teams make the playoffs in the east?

Which 8 teams make the playoffs in the east?

• Total voters

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
The level of inconsistent play out of NJ has me guessing they miss.

Good team, but very inconsistent this year.

I could be wrong, as again, they have a good team, but something is off

Last edited:

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
As of this post the Leafs are top 10 in the league, Which should tell how good they actually are considering that they haven't gotten a save the VAST majority of the year.

Imagine where they'd be if the goaltending didn't have It's head up It's ass all year and did It's job.

Even last night yes Samsonov won but he needed 5, again.

That’s not true at all. Samsonov was horrible early in the season and Jones had a rough couple games but most of our games the goaltending has actually been above average if you look at the stats. Samsonov had a .942 sv% the previous 4 games and only allowed 6 goals. Our defensive play and depth scoring has been brutal this season but we are where we are because we’re being carried by our best players mostly.

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
this is kind of tough actually, I think the Bruins, Panthers, Rangers, Hurricanes, and Maple Leafs are all fairly safe but I could see any of the Red Wings, Lightning, Flyers, Penguins, Devils, and Islanders grabbing the final 3 spots.

I'll vote the Penguins, Lightning, and Devils.

Reactions: Regal

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
As a first time GM, I would assume there might be a learning curve with him when it comes to trades or free agents. We might lose a couple moved before he gets the hang of it.

This we don't know, look at Kent Hughes in Montreal, although he works directly with Jeff Gorton though

We have no choice to wait and see again. Can't put them as a lock for the playoffs next year, despite all the talent, as we have seen the last 2 years.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
That’s not true at all. Samsonov was horrible early in the season and Jones had a rough couple games but most of our games the goaltending has actually been above average if you look at the stats. Samsonov had a .942 sv% the previous 4 games and only allowed 6 goals. Our defensive play and depth scoring has been brutal this season but we are where we are because we’re being carried by our best players mostly.

Above average? Bullshit Even with Samsonov recent 3 game stretch where he was actually good his save% is STILL 879 that's nowhere near average let alone above it.

I don't even count Woll because he's been out for months

and Martin Jones is Martin Jones

So 1 guy is hurt, has been for months.

1 guy has been So bad that a 3 game run where he's was legitimately great doesn't mean shit.

And Martin Jones had a good 10 games and then went back to being Martin Jones.

Mar 26, 2010
As of this post the Leafs are top 10 in the league, Which should tell how good they actually are considering that they haven't gotten a save the VAST majority of the year.

Imagine where they'd be if the goaltending didn't have It's head up It's ass all year and did It's job.

Even last night yes Samsonov won but he needed 5, again.
Samsonov is trash.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Samsonov is trash.

Correct but you said the team was bad.

The reality is It's the goaltending that's bad.

The rest of the team is fine, sure they count use another D man or a 3C.

But the goaltending IS the problem

Mar 26, 2010
Correct but you said the team was bad.

The reality is It's the goaltending that's bad.

The rest of the team is fine, sure they count use another D man or a 3C.

But the goaltending IS the problem
Very valid point.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
Hate being boring but it will probably be the 8 teams in right now. The teams on the outside just don’t seem that inspiring to make a jump right now.

Reactions: wetcoast

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
All star break just ended - time for the last ~35 or so games of the season. This is the most wide-open playoff race we've had for a while in the east.

Which 8 teams do you think make the playoffs?

For inclusion's sake, I added all 16 teams in the conference to the poll, but in my opinion all of Columbus, Ottawa, Montreal and Buffalo are definitely out.

I listed teams in order of point% as of today

My prediction is:

Boston, Florida, NY Rangers, Carolina, Toronto, Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh and NY Islanders make the playoffs.

How about you?
I looked at this poll the other day and though Pittsburg should make it but then they found 2 games to lose.

The NYI aren't getting in either and I think that Detroit and Philly have enough of a lead to make it.

TB could edge out Detroit but I doubt it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad