Where will Crosby play.............

Status
Not open for further replies.

HOCKEY_GURU

Jun 27, 2002
Visit site
I think ideally he should play in the AHL there comes a time when players need better competition to keep improving.. as to weather he can or not legally..im not sure.. i know if a team drafts a player theres an agreement that he either plays NHL or junior... but if a guy is undrafted would he be able to play at that level if he wishes? I belive that would be the case.

A Good Flying Bird*

HOCKEY_GURU said:
I think ideally he should play in the AHL there comes a time when players need better competition to keep improving.. as to weather he can or not legally..im not sure.. i know if a team drafts a player theres an agreement that he either plays NHL or junior... but if a guy is undrafted would he be able to play at that level if he wishes? I belive that would be the case.

If the lockout is going on into a second second season, and if NHLers jump to a new league (WHA or otherwise) Crosby should play there.

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
Unless Crosby had the foresight to insist on an "out clause" in his QMJHL contract when it was negotiated (which Rimouski likely would have strongly resisted), the standard player agreement in the QMJHL requires him to stay in that league until he is at least 19 years old.

So the only way Crosby could play in another league next season is if he buys Rimouski out of the rest of his junior contract, or he intentionally breaches his junior contract and defies Rimouski to have the stones to sue him. In the latter situation, Crosby might try to pull a John Tonelli and argue that the junior contract is unenforcable because he signed it as a minor. What a can of worms that would be for the CHL!

Juan

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
hossy316 said:
Since when do junior players sign contracts???

The standard WHL, OHL or QMJHL agreement is 4-5 pages long.

The extra schedules attached to the standard agreement, which differ from player to player, can be an additional 5-10 pages.

Major junior players have been signing written contracts since at least the early 1970's.

My earlier John Tonelli reference referred to an actual Ontario court case in the mid-1970's. The Toronto Marlboros sued John Tonelli for breach of contract when he tried to jump to the old WHA while still a teenager and under contract to the Marlies.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Colorado Avalanche

AVS will tactical lose next season that they are worst team in NHL and then they pick Crosby and win 2 stanley cups more :handclap:

Stiffler's Mom

Mar 2, 2004
hossy316 said:
..............next season if there is no draft?? All the networks say that he won't be back in the Q next year cause he will be playing pro somewhere. Could that be in Europe or where does everyone think??

If there is no NHL at the start of next season, mark my words, neither Crosby or Brule will be playing in the CHL. There are substantial offers from European teams.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
Color@do @v@l@nche said:
Colorado Avalanche

AVS will tactical lose next season that they are worst team in NHL and then they pick Crosby and win 2 stanley cups more :handclap:
He said if there was no NHL. :handclap:

NYR469

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
they say he won't be back in the Q because they expect him to be in the NHL, not because he doesn't want to play in the Q or anything...if there is no nhl, he could very well be back there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad