OT: Where to watcha Habs game in Toronto

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
There is a Habs bar called "Kilgours" at 509 Bloor W, relatively small screens. RealSports is the huge sports bar with huge screens right beside the ACC, there is also a place called "Loose Moose" 5 min away from the ACC, I was there last week it is a bit less crowded than RealSports.

Go Habs Go!

Mue

Oct 20, 2006
There is a Habs bar called "Kilgours" at 509 Bloor W, relatively small screens. RealSports is the huge sports bar with huge screens right beside the ACC, there is also a place called "Loose Moose" 5 min away from the ACC, I was there last week it is a bit less crowded than RealSports.

Go Habs Go!

Loose Moose has tons of local beers on tap and in bottle, great selection!

Go Habs Go

May 23, 2002
Mississauga
www.fanhome.com
If you want big screens, go to real sports. If it doesn't matter than any bars in toronto will be showing that game.

If you're looking for something more familiar, go to shoeless joes, its basically la cage au sport

hogtownhabsfan*

Haven't been in a few years, but Kilgours is the Habs bar in Toronto.

Unless it's since changed, they have small screens (like smaller than 42") and not that much optimal seating. Still a fun place to watch the game, since you're surrounded by habs fans in a Toronto bar....

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
There's a place I know in Ontario where the sea lions kiss so the story goes.

Guy Germaine

Jul 25, 2005
Montreal
go to Real Sports. Your son will love it, especially a Habs/Leafs game on that massive screen. Been there a number of times and the food is amazing too, try the thai chicken wings.

Halifaxhab*

His son is 13, bars may not be the best option :laugh:

If its a bar and grill. He's fine. I grew up in ontario, and hung out in many bars until about 10-1030pm while my dad watchedf the game....and I was younger than 13. but different eras, etc. Then again, if the mayor can smoke crack, drive drunk, threaten to kill people and be an all around ******....watchin the game at a bar with your son is waaaayyyyyyy tamer.

Mue

Oct 20, 2006
His son is 13, bars may not be the best option :laugh:

Although it has an impressive bar list, Loose Moose isn't a typical beer bar (C'est What, Volo, etc.) - very family friendly - feels like a chain restaurant.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
If the Leafs are playing, nowhere ... if the Leafs aren't, then a lot of sports bars will probably show the Habs games.

As an incident note, I was in the Sheraton at the airport and there were twelve TVs. I was at the bar by myself near the right side and wanted to watch the Raptors game. They reluctantly changed the small TV on the right to the Raptors game while the other eleven TVs were on the Leafs game. I went to the washroom and when I came back, they had changed that TV to the Leafs game as well and wouldn't change it back, even with a tip.

Last edited:

HABS win CUPS*

If the Leads are playing, nowhere ... if the Leafs aren't, then a lot of sports bars will probably show the Habs games.

As an incident note, I was in the Sheraton at the airport and there were twelve TVs. I was at the bar by myself near the right side and wanted to watch the Raptors game. They reluctantly changed the small TV on the right to the Raptors game while the other eleven TVs were on the Leafs game. I went to the washroom and when I came back, they had changed that TV to the Leafs game as well and wouldn't change it back, even with a tip.

what a crap hotel i would have hung out and laughed it up when the leafs lost

Hemlor

Jan 27, 2007

Go Habs Go!

+1 for Kilgours. Awesome bar with a great atmosphere. Go early because it's the Leafs on a Saturday so it will fill up pretty quick.

Eband00

Nov 10, 2007
I've been to Kilgours and the only good thing going for it is that its a habs bar... the chicken wings are terrible either.

Hemlor

Jan 27, 2007
I've been to Kilgours and the only good thing going for it is that its a habs bar... the chicken wings are terrible either.

I disagree, the food and beers are both pretty good, but I guess all that is subjective. It gets pretty rowdy as well, good times

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
After some more thought I think maybe your young son might enjoy the arena feel of RealSports with the huge screens, it's an experience. Kilgours, although it's Habs-supportive, is something like a local bar, seats maybe 40 people tops. So yeah completely different atmospheres depends on your preferences.

DieHardHabs

Jul 4, 2006
Toronto
Real Sports is considered one of if not the nicest sports bar in North America so I recommend checking it out. Of course, it will be filled with Leaf fans. It is right beside the ACC. There is also a fairly new place called the Shark Club. It is located at Dundas Square. Corner of Yonge and Dundas. It is much, much cheaper than Real Sports.

Go Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad