GDT: Where is Timo? Who is Timo? How is Timo? - Your New Jersey Devils (40-15-5) @ Vegas Golden Knights (36-19-6), 10 PM, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
d4debe1e-0d62-40a2-baf8-92255e7dd631-jpeg.660062

giphy.gif

squirrel-squad-1-jpg.658487

Last game vs. Vegas:

giphy.gif

GAME PREVIEW

Head-to-Head

This is the second of two meetings this season between the Devils and Golden Knights. The two sides met on January 24 at Prudential Center with Dougie Hamilton scoring the game-winning goal in overtime after tying the game with 1:10 to play.

Devils team scope:

The Devils sit one point behind the Carolina Hurricanes for first in the Metropolitan Division. They are now six points clear of the New York Rangers with two games in hand.

Dougie Hamilton is now second on the team in scoring with 58 points, behind Jack Hughes who leads the team with 74. Nico Hischier and Jesper Bratt have 57 points apiece.

New Jersey has won three straight games and five of their last six.

Golden Knights team scope:

Vegas made an interesting trade on Thursday, acquiring goaltender Jonathan Quick. Quick is expected to pitch in while goaltenders Laurent Broissoit and Logan Thompson are on the shelf.

Tied for first place in the Pacific Divison with 78 points (with Los Angeles), every point is huge for Vegas.

By the Numbers:

Dawson Mercer has a goal in a record seven straight games for the Devils. A goal by him tonight would tie the franchise mark set by Paul Gardner in 1977-78 when the team was the Colorado Rockies.
Dougie Hamilton is also a goal away from breaking the Devils' record for goals by a defenseman in a season. He is currently tied for the team record of 18.

Injury Updates:

Devils

Jonathan Bernier (Hip - IR)
Mackenzie Blackwood (Undisclosed - IR)
Timo Meier (Upper Body - Day-to-Day)

Golden Knights

Laurent Brossoit (Lower Body - IR)
Nicolas Roy (Lower Body - Day-to-Day)
Logan Thompson (Leg - IR)
Mark Stone (Back - IR)
Robin Lehner (Hip - IR)
Nolan Patrick (Back - IR)

d343c30b55ef3c8d73614fdc0a3f87ab.gif

tumblr_ne9jfcyNho1qhub34o1_500.gif

giphy.gif

Your New Jersey Devils Projected Lineup:

#90 Tomas Tatar - #13 Nico Hischier (C) - #91 Dawson Mercer
#17 Yegor Sharangovich - #86 Jack Hughes (A) - #63 Jesper Bratt
#18 Ondrej Palat (A) - #56 Erik Haula - #70 Jesper Boqvist
#44 Miles Wood - #20 Michael McLeod - #14 Nathan Bastian

#71 Jonas Siegenthaler - #7 Dougie Hamilton
#33 Ryan Graves - #6 John Marino
#88 Kevin Bahl - #28 Damon Severson

#40 Akira Schmid

#41 "The" Vitek Vanecek

RihF.gif

Vegas Golden Knights Projected Lineup:

#49 Ivan Barbashev - #9 Jack Eichel - #81 Jonathan Marchessault
#19 Reilly Smith - #71 William Karlsson - #22 Mike Amadio
#28 Will Carrier - #20 Chandler Stephenson - #8 Phil Kessel
#43 Paul Cotter - #21 Brett Howden - #55 Keegan Kolesar

#23 Alec Martinez - #7 Alex Pietrangelo
#3 Brayden McNabb - #27 Shea Theodore
#14 Nicolas Hague - #2 Zach Whitecloud

#33 Adin Hill
#32 Jonathan Quick

tumblr_o9lbwx89hn1ugv7b3o1_500.gif

LFGD

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Hoping to see Timo get into a game tonight. And I definitely would love to continue our domination of this entire division.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I'm out of work at noon and have off all next week for spring break.

Going to go home and pregame the trade deadline then make a nice dinner. I've got some pork sirloin steaks with this awesome ancho chili-coffee rub which kicks all sorts of ass. Also got some sweet hawaiian rolls and maple glazed carrots.

There's a winter storm closing in this afternoon so I stocked up on booze. Can't wait to be all cozy under my blanket getting hammered by candlelight while watching a late night game.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012

Going to go home and pregame the trade deadline then make a nice dinner. I've got some pork sirloin steaks with this awesome ancho chili-coffee rub which kicks all sorts of ass. Also got some sweet hawaiian rolls and maple glazed carrots.

There's a winter storm closing in this afternoon so I stocked up on booze. Can't wait to be all cozy under my blanket getting hammered by candlelight while watching a late night game.

Damn that sounds awesome

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

I'm definitely day drinking after noon, and then I'm making falafel with Mediterranean dips (hummus, muhammara, tzatziki, and baba ghanoush) for dinner.

I prefer 8 or 9 pm starts to 10, but I'm going to try and stay up for this one, especially if it's Timo's Devils debut.

The Grinder

No Respect
Oct 17, 2008
Jefferson, NJ
Kinda pumped for the 10 pm start. Hoping this is the Timo debut as kids will be long in bed, wife will be out with her friends and I get pure uninterrupted Timo Time…hopefully, maybe.

Reactions: Bleedred

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
I'm ok with Timo waiting to get some practice in and feel 100%, if that's what happens. Vegas has been a Jekyll and Hyde team this year so we'll see which one shows up. After this, we just have the Leafs mixed in with an AHL team in Zona, Caps, and hopefully not getting blown out by Montreal again before we play murderball for the rest of the month. So picking up a win here would be really nice.
Usually not a fan of the late games, but have a nice night out with family planned for tonight so the 10:00 start time works out perfectly. LGD!
I'm normally a large fan of the late games, but I have to wake up early tomorrow to take my 2 year old to the aquarium for the 3rd time this year so this f***ing blows

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
WE RIDE.

Watching this one from home in New Jersey tonight unlike last season when I blacked out at Drai's and fell into a bush on the Strip the day prior.

Needless to say it would have been better to gamble on my first Vegas visit in the summer of 2022 instead of 2021. :laugh:

EL GEE EFFING DEE.

I gotta leave at 4:30 in the morning for a flight to Antigua. I guess it'll just be another all-nighter.

Just did one of those in Fort Lauderdale on Sunday when my flight was scheduled for 7:00 am and I got back to the airbnb from the Seminole Hard Rock at about 1:00, lol.

You got this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad