OT: Where is everybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I can't believe the lack of discussion here. We are in the playoffs round 2, playing vs the President Throphy winner.
We are playing the best hockey of the year and maybe the best we have played in the playoffs since '09.

Why is it so little posting here?

Z40

High Compete Level
Feb 10, 2012
Detroit
I got tired of all the negativity, so I haven't been posting much. I'm just trying to enjoy this playoff run.

rx7dryver

Apr 11, 2009
We are still in shock over what we witnessed yesterday. I am in disbelief and I am pondering the meaning of life.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Nah, people want to see winning hockey, it's only boring when they don't win as often.

Eh. I sometimes can't watch games even when we're winning. If they're against boring teams that force a boring style of hockey.

Brick Top

LANA!!!!!
Mar 2, 2012
Grand Rapids
Eh. I sometimes can't watch games even when we're winning. If they're against boring teams that force a boring style of hockey.

Man, imagine being a fan of the Devils in their trapping prime- unwatchable except for the occasional Scott Stevens crushing body check. And they won a lot.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Traffic on the board is up. Our GDTs are about 3-4x the volume in posts vs the past years.
Did not know that.
The Wings are often forced by other teams to play boring. Why did we lose to the BJs? Because they can play boring hockey 600 min.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
I got tired of all the negativity, so I haven't been posting much. I'm just trying to enjoy this playoff run.

Same for me. How Holland is a lucky GM, how Babcock a horrible coach, how the playing style is boring, how wrong kids are playing up, etc... Same **** in every thread, on and on and on...

FlashyG

Dec 15, 2011
Toronto

This X1000.

I get the impression that there is even a small group on our board that are hoping we lose this series because they want a better draft pick.

Sometimes the negativity can be too much and when it gets that way I tend to take a couple days away from the board.

redwings85

In Ozzie I trust.
Nov 11, 2008
America's Hat.

Yup. This is it for me.

I've tried to avoid the Wings board lately.

I'll read the odd thing, but too much negativity is a shame.

Like the Wings in like 75% of the board maybe more... "hate/dislike" the Wings.. one loss its blow up the team fire babcock fire holland.... just gets rather silly.

Wings were projected to miss the playoffs or just get in barely.

Yet that isn't satisfying enough.

I will admit this season I had zero expectations more so cause of the lockout / short season, I am not a fan. However Wings made it to the playoffs, beat Anaheim in 7, and now are tied with Chicago. Totally exceeding expectations, which makes me happy. Could the team improve? of course... but so can all the other 29 teams. The whole negativity on this board has gone way too far in my books.

I've read other teams boards they are bad sometimes as well... but for a successful organization Detroit is... I am embarrassed to be on this forum sometimes.

ProPAIN

I am the DANGER!
Nov 3, 2009
Paris
Work, holidays, travel and not interested in posting in certain threads (especially this year).

Also kind of fed up of the Holland sucks, Babcock sucks, trade Datsyuk, tank for a higher pick, etc. etc.

VladTheImpaler

Go Wings
Feb 27, 2012
I've been following the team very closely, just posting a little less due to the very nice weather lately and having a lot going on with work and other things.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
mom visited the new house this weekend and I have a 9 yr old who has been acting like a five year old. So. Yeah. Long weekend.

Also, I'm not sure there's much to talk about outside of playing Chicago. No roster movement, no free agents to sign, no trades to make. And we won the last game. Hockey life is good, if dull.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Were recovering from syphilis it helps our confidence.

Originally Posted by Z40

Yes for the above reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad