Speculation: Where is Dumba Going to Sign, and What Will his Contract Look Like?

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
To Toronto on a 1yr/2 mil deal. If he excels, he'll get his big contract next off season. It's no secret, playing in Toronto gets you serious exposure so it's up to him to use that to his benefit.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
If he wants to raise his value Arizona isn’t exactly the place to go.
Good point, just look how much it hurt Ghost.

But after his initial impact with the Flyers, Gostisbehere's game tailed off. His offensive instincts weren't enough to make up for his defensive deficiencies.

"I'm not going to lie, I was a guy without a lot of confidence," Gostisbehere said. "I'm thankful they gave me an opportunity and traded me to a place where I could get my game right. I'm forever thankful to them for that. It was tough times there at the end, but you've got to roll with the punches. I got an opportunity to resurrect my career. I'm having fun playing hockey again."

It clicked instantly for him in Arizona.

Gostisbehere had 51 points (14 goals, 37 assists) in 82 games last season, and averaged 22:11 of ice time per game. The Coyotes didn't hide him or shield him from hard matchups. They didn't stifle him when his creativity with the puck led to a turnover.

"A lot of it is opportunity from the coaching staff," Gostisbehere said. "They'll give you every opportunity. But when you fall back a little, they'll let you know. I think it keeps you in place to realize you're lucky to get this opportunity again. That's something I lost a little bit in Philly. The coaches and staff trust me."

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Would be crazy from the Ducks perspective. We have a huge influx of players coming up that are going to compete for spots during that time
Nmc his first season that turns into a partial NMC season 2. He fills a massive gap. GM PV doesn’t want to rush any of the kids

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

But after his initial impact with the Flyers, Gostisbehere's game tailed off. His offensive instincts weren't enough to make up for his defensive deficiencies.

"I'm not going to lie, I was a guy without a lot of confidence," Gostisbehere said. "I'm thankful they gave me an opportunity and traded me to a place where I could get my game right. I'm forever thankful to them for that. It was tough times there at the end, but you've got to roll with the punches. I got an opportunity to resurrect my career. I'm having fun playing hockey again."

Gostisbehere had 51 points (14 goals, 37 assists) in 82 games last season, and averaged 22:11 of ice time per game. The Coyotes didn't hide him or shield him from hard matchups. They didn't stifle him when his creativity with the puck led to a turnover.

"A lot of it is opportunity from the coaching staff," Gostisbehere said. "They'll give you every opportunity. But when you fall back a little, they'll let you know. I think it keeps you in place to realize you're lucky to get this opportunity again. That's something I lost a little bit in Philly. The coaches and staff trust me."
This deserves to be quoted again.

Nick Bjugstad said a lot of similar things when he was traded and then again when he re-signed.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
This deserves to be quoted again.

Nick Bjugstad said a lot of similar things when he was traded and then again when he re-signed.
He was a good hockey player in MN too, it was very unfortunate that he got a freak injury from his own teammate in practice that took him out right as he was playing some of his best for us, by the time he was healthy he had lost his lineup spot and the numbers game just didn't work in his favor.

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
Lol what a pompous post. People like you give toronto terrible exposure.
How so? Hyman, Bunting, Campbell are just 3 recent examples who were nobody's on their teams previous to coming to Toronto. Had a couple of successful seasons in Toronto and turned that into long term contracts with other teams and got paid very well

Reactions: banks

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Turns out his trainer lives in AZ, he’s in AZ every off-season and he may own a home or homes in AZ.
Ah I could see that especially if he moved his parents down there for their retirement

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
How so? Hyman, Bunting, Campbell are just 3 recent examples who were nobody's on their teams previous to coming to Toronto. Had a couple of successful seasons in Toronto and turned that into long term contracts with other teams and got paid very well
lol in what world is Dumba a nobody?

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
lol in what world is Dumba a nobody?
I never said Dumba was a nobody. You clearly missed the point. Obviously Dumba has had a couple of very disappointing seasons and is nowhere near the player he was 3 to 4 seasons ago. The point of my message was, with the exposure you get with playing in the Toronto market, if he were to bet on himself on a 1 year deal and have a rebound year, he might be able to get himself that long term top 4 defencemen contract. Because right now he's barely a top 4 defenseman

Reactions: banks

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I never said Dumba was a nobody. You clearly missed the point. Obviously Dumba has had a couple of very disappointing seasons and is nowhere near the player he was 3 to 4 seasons ago. The point of my message was, with the exposure you get with playing in the Toronto market, if he were to bet on himself on a 1 year deal and have a rebound year, he might be able to get himself that long term top 4 defencemen contract. Because right now he's barely a top 4 defenseman
I get your point and rationale, but that theory could also easily backfire on him. He needs to find a team with good defensive structure that would can let him play and work on his game without being in a heavily scrutinized market

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Certain tiers of players are now having to take less money than they were hoping for. Seems Dumba is in that tier.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

& Ghost just signed a 1x4M deal so?

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
Brodin who's very underrated has absolutely carried Dumba over the past few years.

J3ADcbp.png

He has potential to get exposed badly imo depending on where he goes and what role he's thrust into.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Brodin who's very underrated has absolutely carried Dumba over the past few years.

J3ADcbp.png

He has potential to get exposed badly imo depending on where he goes and what role he's thrust into.
While I do think Brodin has definitely carried that pairing, the alternate RD that Brodin would play with (Spurgeon) is significantly better than any of the handful of LDs that Dumba would’ve been playing with. This team hasn’t had a good #2LD for years.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad