Where does your allegiance lie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Sotnos said:
Just to give you some support while half this board is sharpening their knives for you, I understand where you're coming from. I'm much more interested in seeing how my team's players do in tournaments than rooting for the US, but once my "boys" are out (which they are in this one), then I'll root for the US. If there are guys on more than one team, well, it's more to cheer for for me. :)

heh

i was kinda wondering what people from outside of north america were rooting for in this one, too

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
It is the dream Gold Medal Game for me.

A Proud Canadian hoping we win Gold with our best friends in the Finals with their much maligned program.

Here's hoping for a great game and may the best team win.

Good luck USA.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
I would root for Team USA over Team Canada even if every player on Canada was a Ranger prospect and every player on the US team was an Islander or Devil prospect. It's not because I dislike Canada at all either. I just really take a lot of pride in international sports. Maybe because I feel like these kids are representing me more than any Ranger ever has.

topshelf331

May 8, 2003
Stl
Visit site
cagney said:
I would root for Team USA over Team Canada even if every player on Canada was a Ranger prospect and every player on the US team was an Islander or Devil prospect. It's not because I dislike Canada at all either. I just really take a lot of pride in international sports. Maybe because I feel like these kids are representing me more than any Ranger ever has.

Couldnt have said it better, just slide the blues and wings in there.

Hockeypuck

Bud The Spud said:
My allegiance always lies with my country.
Agreed. It has nothing to do with who's prospects play for who,but pride in your country. That being said GO USA :D

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
If the entire USA team was made up of Islander prospects, I'd still be cheering for Team Canada, no doubt about it.

chicpea*

Enoch said:
U.S., but I can't wait to see the final. I would LOVE to see a shootout.

Are you kidding me?!? Shootouts are so unfair and well, quite lame (i think). It is a sh**ty way to lose for any team - and I have been on both sides so I know. O.T. is the most fair by far. If you just meant, "shootouts are exciting" well then, yeah, I agree. And if Bettman could have his way we wouldn't even have games probably - just 3 periods of shootouts (with glowing pucks ;) ).

Anyway, Let the best team (four lines and six D) win.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hockeypuck

chicpea said:
Are you kidding me?!? Shootouts are so unfair and well, quite lame (i think). It is a sh**ty way to lose for any team - and I have been on both sides so I know. O.T. is the most fair by far. If you just meant, "shootouts are exciting" well then, yeah, I agree. And if Bettman could have his way we wouldn't even have games probably - just 3 periods of shootouts (with glowing pucks ;) ).

Shootouts suck big time. I say play 120 minutes of ot if that's what it takes to decide it. Shootouts are individual and not a team.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
chicpea said:

A shootout is a bad way to decide a winner, however as a Canadian I'd be pretty confident going into a shootout against anyone with MAF in net.

Can Dawes go five times?

Yammer

Oct 22, 2002
Republic of East Van
Well, Canada, because of very mild nationalist sentiment and being fed up with the "what is wrong with Canadian hockey" navel-gazing stories that pollute the newspapers for months after a Canuck loss.

However, I was pleased that Ryan Kesler got the tying goal today because he plays for my hometown NHL team. With this confidence-boosting score to go with his already proficient skating and checking, Kesler could be the best Canuck draftee since Mattias Ohlund in 1994.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad