Speculation: Where does Kevin Shattenkirk sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
You know it's the Lightning in front on Shattenkirk when this thread drops to page 2 of the trade forums

Hictor Vedman*

Unregistered Hedman
Sep 30, 2014
Ottawa
You know it's the Lightning in front on Shattenkirk when this thread drops to page 2 of the trade forums
I'm totally fine with it if the cap hit is under 6 million. 5.5 x 6 I'd be down for.

Still think he goes to the Devils though. They'll pay more and make him their #1. We cannot give him either of that.

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Still don't want unless he'd be willing to play on second pairing because, IMHO, he would NOT go well with Heddy. Hedman is already our #1D and works best with a solid defensive partner with some puck moving/two-way ability who can leave him free to roam. Hedman does NOT need to be the defensive cover for Shattenkirk.

But I feel Shattenkirk wants to be a #1D or at least in a top pair position with the dollars to match. Whether or not he's actually worth that is beside the point. Not that great a match for Tampa unless he'd be willing to slot into second pair with someone like Coburn who's a solid defensive defenseman and I doubt he'd take second pair $$/term.

We'll know all too soon. :P

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Why do you assume everyone knows Terry Pegula's spending habits?

well considering when he bought the team he blatantly said money was no object and he would spend whatever and if he needed more money he would just go frack another hole

and i'm being dead serious, none of this was made up

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
I want him in NJ. Would play really nicely in our timeline and help transition to the next phase of D. We need puck movers and we need to get better in the backend to help our forward progress.

I'm hopeful for 7 years at 6M. I'd be willing to go up to 7 years, 6.5M but hopefully not too much more.

Also key to point out that the CBA expires in 5 years so there will likely be the opportunity for compliance buyouts if absolutely needed at the end of his deal. We don't have cap issues at all so I don't expect any issues. We have nothing that terrible on the books long-term.

Kurt Cobain

Mar 30, 2004
No

Severson is better

Severson is in no way better than shattenkirk or Greene. Just as bad defensively and I'd say worse and doesn't provide nearly the offense that's shattenkirk does. Severson has potential but his all around game isn't there yet

Linds

Makalder
Jun 20, 2016
Canada
That's why the Lightning are a dark horse here that everyone ignores because of geography.

The the Lightning are the absolute best place for him to play on-ice production wise:

1) Contend for the cup every year
2) Get paired with Hedman
3) Play with Stamkos on PP
He already rejected sign and trade deal for 7 years at 7m to tampa for drouin at the trade deadline..he is not going to tampa

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Yeah he has followed Hall on twitter for a while now. Why don't people research things... :shakehead

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
No

Severson is better

Severson is in no way better than shattenkirk or Greene. Just as bad defensively and I'd say worse and doesn't provide nearly the offense that's shattenkirk does. Severson has potential but his all around game isn't there yet

I was about say, try convincing some Devils fans this. And it only took 5 posts. There's a small but vocal contingent that are convinced that Ben Lovejoy is better than Severson. It's pretty hilarious. Severson is our best defenseman, although I don't think he's better than Shattenkirk yet. I'd gladly take them as our #1 and #2, over Andy Greene and Ben Lovejoy being our #1 and #2 like last year. Greene is still decent, but probably a middle pairing guy. Our caveman coaching staff doesn't look like they care much about possession, so I'm almost expecting them to vouch for signing that sieve Alzner instead.

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
His most recent follows are Lebrun, CNN, Dreger and Luongo

Shows up radically different for me so who knows how it really works, I guess. I see Justin Williams, the Washington Capitals and a hockey charity.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Shows up radically different for me so who knows how it really works, I guess. I see Justin Williams, the Washington Capitals and a hockey charity.
Yup. That is accurate.

From experience, I have found that if you are browsing on a laptop, it will show in chronological order. If you are viewing it on your phone, it shows the follows you have in common at the top.

Not sure why but that's what it does for me and explains the differences here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad