Votes: 24 60.0%
  • 15-20 range

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • 20-30 range

Votes: 6 15.0%

• Total voters

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
According to Hockey-Reference they aren't very good.

For all goalies with over 10 games played Woll is 22nd in sv%. Samsonov is 66th. Those aren't very good numbers.

I'm not convinced this is a SC winning tandem.

Samsonov is doing better lately. But the reason Washington ditched him was because he chokes in the playoffs. Like he did last year for the Leafs.

His regular season performance doesn't mean anything is he can't stop a puck when it matters most.

Woll appears to be the better goaltender. But he keeps getting hurt. Doesn't matter if this guy is the second coming of Hasek if he's never available.

Mediocre and injury prone goaltending is all you can afford when you pay half the cap to four forwards.

Reactions: CDN24

LeafEgo

Oct 8, 2021
If Islanders take the last wild card spot than Leafs will have the weakest goaltending in the East, tied with Canes, which ain't good.

I am Canadian

AM34|WN88|MM16
May 22, 2008
Toronto
I'm happy with it honestly. Leafs really can't afford any better. I'm offering Samsonov a 1 x 2.5M contract this summer if I'm the Leafs. He needs to prove it again.

WillyC

Sep 7, 2018
Goalies are voodoo… Sammy or Woll are both capable of going on a hot streak.

I’m ready to cheer on whoever gets the crease… I like our chances.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
20-30 for me. But don’t blame the goaltending when it chokes in the ploffs because that’s all we can afford. Just gotta hope one of them catches lightning in a bottle or something this year and doesn’t give up softies at least. Anyways, it’s not up to the goaltending to carry us in the post-season.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Essentially around the middle of the pack. Don't think the goaltending will be the main reason for too many wins or losses.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
Middle of the pack with potential for some improvement.

I'm fairly convinced that Samsonov is a bang average goalie. Hes obviously capable of hot streaks and prolonged coolers. There's nothing wrong with that and I hope his heater continues into the playoffs.

I have a lot of faith in Woll if he can stay healthy. Even after a mediocre year with some injury issues he's produced a goof save percentage and showed promise. I was hoping he'd take a step this year and take the reigns for good, but it looks like it'll be more back and forth. I still have faith in him taking the starting spot for good next year and being a top 15 goalie for the next 5+ years.

Reactions: PROUD PAPA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad