Where do you play?

Can't believe I missed this sticky.

I played one season at left wing when I was 6, I went in net when I was 7 and have been there ever since. I am now 30 and still get that rush every time I make a save and the player has his arms halfway in the air. No better feeling. Like King Kong on cocaine. Highest level I ever played was Junior B in Edmonton.

I play in the Alberta Mens League here in Edmonton, the team generally hovers between Div 3 and Div 4. (The teams in div 3 usually have a couple of guys who played in the W or CIS, Div 2 teams usually have a half dozen of those guys per team.) It's a no hitting league, but slapshots are allowed. I've played in this league for the same team for 10 years. We've won our division 4 times, I've won the Goals Against Award twice. So far this season we're tied for first at 7-3 and I'm sporting a GAA of 3.00

canadahockeygirl*

CellarDoor said:
Winger for 19-U Regals Girls BB/A team

Been playin hockey since back in the day :handclap:
Nice to see another female hockey player here :)

SkateLikeTheWind

Jun 16, 2004
Denver, CO
Playing for the Univ. at Buffalo. Its d-1 club hockey but its still pretty competitive. We are currently 17-2 and ranked 15th in the nation. We probably should be ranked higher but the pollers show no love for the conference we are in.

Radulov for Czar*

I've played since I was 3 years old. I've played for teams in Erie, PA; Huntsville, AL; Dayton, OH; and Nashville, TN. I currently play for the Middle Tennessee State Blue Raiders, and ACHA D-III team. We should be in D-I or D-II, but just started last season. We are 18-1-1 and according to the ranking committee, #4 in the region. We travel to Texas this weekend to play UT, and Texas A&M.

www.mtsuhockey.com
www.achahockey.org

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
18U Midget AA in FLA. Our team is better than a lot of AAA teams (there aren't many) in FLA.

I just turned 16. I go up to Canada every summer in Ontario 1.25 hrs NW of London and I've gone to camps up there etc.. and skated with Jr. C kids and AAA kids, and I'd definatley make AAA in Ontario, at least for the region where I was. The tryouts were just before we headed back to FLA, and I would've loved to stay and play.

When I skated with some of the Jr. C guys, they were bigger than me in terms of size (I'm 6-0, 150 pounds, very light), I could keep up in terms of speed and had good skills, but I would have to get heavier to have a chance (steroids anyone, I'd be the next Gretzky, LOL, j/k)

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
I stoped playing this year because my back is to weak and i'm 16 :cry: i broke a vertebrea last year so it's almost impossible to play for a full week. I was a goaltender but no i play mostly with my friend suring our free period at school and i stay away from having to go goalie because it hurts to much. I play forward and i'm pretty good.

romain_jaime

Feb 10, 2004
Montreal
The highest level of hockey I ever played was Midget AA in St-Hubert about 10 years ago lol.

Now I play in www.gmhl.com as spare and play in about 2-3 games a week. I also play in a beer league at McGill University every Saturday afternoon. I also coach peewee AA in the West Island and take my 2 year old son skating every Sunday morning.

puckstopper101

Jul 21, 2004
Goalie on a local house team in metro-atlanta (15-u all-girls team). I'm a pretty aggressive goalie on the ice and i've been playing since i was eleven

Last edited:

puckstopper101

Jul 21, 2004
canadahockeygirl said:
This is such a good idea for a thread...

By the time I was in HS, the coach said he didn't want any girls wanted to play on his team (even though I was better than a lot of them)QUOTE]

I can't stand coaches like that

TheStateOfHockey

Apr 7, 2004
Minnesota
thestateofhockey.net
Played high school hockey in Minnesota, the team wasnt all that great but we got to play against Gino Guyer and his Greenway Raiders and Alex Golgoleski and his Grand Rapids Thunderbirds or hawks or whatever the hell they are.

But now I am out of high school and playing pick up games at the local rinks.

Le Golie

Jul 4, 2002
I play in this league,

http://www.eteamz.com/sihl

My team is in first place, we kill everyone. Closest game was about 5-2. Several of my teammates played pro or semi pro. One of my teammates was the captain of the New York Rangers in 'Mystery, Alaska'.

Highest I ever played was JR B and AAA Midget, take your pick. Midget was much faster and way more professional, we had a trainer, physiotherapist etc. But Jr B was pretty good too surprizingly.

Kamenski

Oct 20, 2004
TheStateOfHockey said:
Played high school hockey in Minnesota, the team wasnt all that great but we got to play against Gino Guyer and his Greenway Raiders and Alex Golgoleski and his Grand Rapids Thunderbirds or hawks or whatever the hell they are.

I play in a beer league with Marco Peluso's brother (Marco is from Greenway and currently playing for UM-D). Ryan is easily the best player in the league. Simply awesome.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
Played in high school in North Dakota with and against players like Jon Casey and Scott Sandelin (in holiday tournaments) and had several teammates who played NCAA Division I hockey. I now play a fast beer league one night a week, a fast rental one night a week, and 2 other rentals with slower friends during the week. Plus I try to get outside on either Saturday or Sunday to skate on the outdoor rinks. I play both forward and defense in the rentals, but try to stick to wing in my men's rec league on Wednesday's.

jiggs 10

Dec 5, 2002
Hockeytown, ND
Visit site
Keetz said:
Rental league whats that?

It's like an unofficial "league". Someone rents the ice all year, and invites 12-15 players to play in it each week. Just bring a white jersey and a dark jersey and split up the teams each week. You play against the same core group of players, but there are always a few different guys showing up to cover people who are out of town or sick or whatever. And afterward you drink a few beers in the locker room or at a local tavern and B.S. with the guys. So it's like a rec league, except no one keeps track of wins or losses.

Granny99

Mar 16, 2004
Malefic74 said:
Can't believe I missed this sticky.

I played one season at left wing when I was 6, I went in net when I was 7 and have been there ever since. I am now 30 and still get that rush every time I make a save and the player has his arms halfway in the air. No better feeling. Like King Kong on cocaine. Highest level I ever played was Junior B in Edmonton.

I play in the Alberta Mens League here in Edmonton, the team generally hovers between Div 3 and Div 4. (The teams in div 3 usually have a couple of guys who played in the W or CIS, Div 2 teams usually have a half dozen of those guys per team.) It's a no hitting league, but slapshots are allowed. I've played in this league for the same team for 10 years. We've won our division 4 times, I've won the Goals Against Award twice. So far this season we're tied for first at 7-3 and I'm sporting a GAA of 3.00

I am also playing in the Alberta Mens League and my team is in the top division. It's pretty good hockey, everyone on our team has played a minimum of Jr. B and we've won our division the last two years. The highest level I played was Jr. A but that was 10 years ago. I was good offensively and scored lots of goals but I wasn't good enough for my size at 5'9" and 170 lbs to make it to the next level.

I sure still love playing though, and here's hoping we can get a win tonight!

anteeksi

Feb 24, 2005
pressbox
'rental league' sounds like shinney...first year i have ever played orginized, inside an arena and wearing full gear.. we play shinney who ever shows up plays..4 on 4 no goalie most weeks..[ theres a goalie shortage apparently]the crew has won the challange games thrown our way so i guess we dont suck :eek:
i play where ever they tell me to..forward, defence and bench warmer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad