Where do the 2012/2013 Mooseheads rank?

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
@QMJHL
Halifax Mooseheads have the 2nd best win % (.871) in #QMJHL history (regular season and playoffs) Record held by #Remparts in 1971 (.882)

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
2nd best statistically, hard to compare beyond that... We never really had a slip-up and played the game so well in every zone that I never really complained of found something wrong all year... Which I was an expert at for all my life watching junior lol... Close between them and SJ but I would give the Moose the best team in the 21st century distinction.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Why not? Higher winning %, better goals for/against, 16-1 in POs vs. 16-3 for SJ.

There was teams that could of beat SJ, or even this year's Moose.

There was no one team that could touch the Moose.

I think as a whole Saint John face better competition, not to mention that their record was hurt by NHL camps and by the WJC's...

Not to **** on you guys, but given that no one could really knock you guys off.

Shawi could of done it to SJ, Chicoutimi too... Hell even the Oceanic came close. There wasn't as big of a gap.

For the Moose, it was always just them. That helped them.

If we're talking just stats then I have no argument. If not then I don't think they were better then the Sea Dogs.

Patmac40

BESTPOSTERINTHEGAME
Jun 7, 2012
Halifax, Nova Scotia

I think as a whole Saint John face better competition, not to mention that their record was hurt by NHL camps and by the WJC's...

Shawi could of done it to SJ, Chicoutimi too... Hell even the Oceanic came close. There wasn't as big of a gap.

If we're talking just stats then I have no argument. If not then I don't think they were better then the Sea Dogs.

Since there was no team that could touch them that somehow works against them? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

And the Moose lost guys to the WJC plus multiple injuries which included long stretches of time without Mackinnon and Drouin and they still won. That seems incredibly impressive considering the importance of those players. It's hard to compare.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Since there was no team that could touch them that somehow works against them? That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

And the Moose lost guys to the WJC plus multiple injuries which included long stretches of time without Mackinnon and Drouin and they still won. That seems incredibly impressive considering the importance of those players. It's hard to compare.

SJ had injuries too.

I feel that there was more parity.

Anyways, they were amazing simple as that.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011

Chicoutimi and Rimouski didn't even touch SJ, they went 1-8 combined. BC and RN gave us equal competition and equal success compared to last year...

it's hard to explain but, how do you know "it was always just Halifax"? There were competitive teams each time that could challenge SJ and Halifax, but maybe the Mooseheads were just miles ahead of every other team making it seem like there was more parity in the Sea Dogs years...

I don't know, and no one does... There's no right or wrong answer, all speculation.. Both had amazing depth at forward, and SJ had incredible D in 2011.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Chicoutimi and Rimouski didn't even touch SJ, they went 1-8 combined. BC and RN gave us equal competition and equal success compared to last year...

it's hard to explain but, how do you know "it was always just Halifax"? There were competitive teams each time that could challenge SJ and Halifax, but maybe the Mooseheads were just miles ahead of every other team making it seem like there was more parity in the Sea Dogs years...

I don't know, and no one does... There's no right or wrong answer, all speculation.. Both had amazing depth at forward, and SJ had incredible D in 2011.
Certainly some good points here, this season is one for the history books.

I feel that Chicoutimi and Rimouski were better then Rouyn and BAC, but as you said there's no way to tell.

The Moose do have 2 top 3 picks on their team... I'm sure that helped. :P Then again SJ had 3 first rounders lol.

It's an interesting debate.

I think now, the question isn't who would win it all, it was who would finish #2...

Congrats on an amazing season.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Certainly some good points here, this season is one for the history books.

I feel that Chicoutimi and Rimouski were better then Rouyn and BAC, but as you said there's no way to tell.

The Moose do have 2 top 3 picks on their team... I'm sure that helped. :P Then again SJ had 3 first rounders lol.

It's an interesting debate.

I think now, the question isn't who would win it all, it was who would finish #2...

Congrats on an amazing season.
But you were on BAC's side all year and now you're saying a #7/8 seed was better. :sarcasm:

Wish these two could play each other, but this debate has come up before and we would need to fight for MacAulay lol.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
But you were on BAC's side all year and now you're saying a #7/8 seed was better. :sarcasm:

Wish these two could play each other, but this debate has come up before and we would need to fight for MacAulay lol.

I love BAC !!! Chicoutimi did load interesting debate..

Yeah Macaulay is ours, no doubt about it.

He's gone to what 4 straight finals now ??

Count Von Grabo*

Woulda been a treat to have seen them play the Sea Dogs teams from couple years ago in a playoff series.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca

I believe he's saying that this year, there were fewer competitive teams in the Q, which I would agree with.

Quebec underperformed all season from what was expected. Moncton and Rimouski got bounced early in the playoffs. I would have loved to have seen how this Mooseheads team would have performed against any of those three in a seven game series (especially Moncton).

Halifax definitely had an "easier" ride in the playoffs due to the upsets. They played a 16th, a 13th, and an 8th seed, before facing the 2nd seed who was coming off a brutal seven-game series.

kalvincline

Nov 8, 2010
Halifax, NS
I think with a Memorial Cup win this team has to be considered top 3. The stats back it up. The most impressive is 16-1 in the playoffs...Damn!

IMO Fucale gives the Moose a slight edge on any of the great teams.

Killahpunk

Legend
Jun 29, 2009
Eastern Canada
They topped it off by winning the Memorial Cup. Top 3 greatest teams in QMJHL history only losing 8 games in regulation all year including playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad