Speculation: Where do Anthony Duclair and Victor Olofsson sign?

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I'm especially intrigued to see what Olofsson gets, because while both feel like July 2nd or 3rd guys, and both are proven, multiple time 20+ goal scorers, in fact Duclair has a 30 goal season, Duclair is having his standard 20+ goal season.

While Olofsson is having an awful season he's only got 7 goals and 15 points but he's a 3 time 20+ goal scorer, and he had 13 in the 56 game season.

Both of these guys could be under rated additions.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I'm especially intrigued to see what Olofsson gets, because while both feel like July 2nd or 3rd guys, and both are proven, multiple time 20+ goal scorers, in fact Duclair has a 30 goal season, Duclair is having his standard 20+ goal season.

While Olofsson is having an awful season he's only got 7 goals and 15 points but he's a 3 time 20+ goal scorer, and he had 13 in the 56 game season.

Both of these guys could be under rated additions.
Olofsson has only played 40 or so games do far this year playing on the 4th line when dressed and not playing much PP

Reactions: freester

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Olofsson has only played 40 or so games do far this year playing on the 4th line when dressed and not playing much PP

I'm aware of that, that's why I think he's going to sign a cheap deal.

If he can get back to his 20+ goal form somebody will be very happen.

My guess? Olofsson signs with Frolunda.

You don't think he's going to get NHL interest? It was less than a year ago he had 28 goals.

Reactions: freester

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I can see Verbeek checking in on both, he has said he wants another top 6 forward in the offseason. Problem is Ducks need a RHS RW and both players are lefty I think?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'm aware of that, that's why I think he's going to sign a cheap deal.

If he can get back to his 20+ goal form somebody will be very happen.

You don't think he's going to get NHL interest? It was less than a year ago he had 28 goals.

He's an empty calorie goal scorer. I think most serious teams will look at a player who is so shy of puck battles and contact and immediately shift him to a "do not sign" category.

A team like San Jose might though it seems that would be just shuffling Labanc out for a Swedish version of that player.

I doubt Verbeek would have any interest at all in Anaheim.

That leaves maybe Chicago where he could be a shot option on their PP. So maybe Chicago. I don't see most teams being interested. The holes in his game are glaring.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I can see Verbeek checking in on both, he has said he wants another top 6 forward in the offseason. Problem is Ducks need a RHS RW and both players are lefty I think?

Yeah, Vic is a left shot. Having heard some of the talking heads speak about Verbeek wanting guys who will put some skin in the game, who are more combative and contact driven... Vic is NOT THAT GUY.

Reactions: lwvs84

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Yeah, Vic is a left shot. Having heard some of the talking heads speak about Verbeek wanting guys who will put some skin in the game, who are more combative and contact driven... Vic is NOT THAT GUY.
Yeah, that too. Ducks do need a goal scoring badly, but end of the day, I think Verbeek will go with someone more well rounded and a better leader for the young team if he signs anyone.

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
I expect that the Canucks will be looking at all scoring wingers this offseason.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
JBB rarely trades for player at the deadline and let them walk (Savard only one that comes to mind).
As Duclair seems to be gelling with Point and Kuch pretty well, I expect the Bolts to re-sign him and shoot Sheary in the outer space.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I could see Duclair being sought after by a lot of teams, and Olofsson sought after by none.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad