Where can I find....

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Complete rosters for each WC team? I tried finding each roster individually from this forum but they are scattered, some aren't the real roster(pre rosters I guess) and some aren't even posted. Thanks in advance.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
FLYLine4LIFE said:
Complete rosters for each WC team? I tried finding each roster individually from this forum but they are scattered, some aren't the real roster(pre rosters I guess) and some aren't even posted. Thanks in advance.

Just go to the official WC's website (typing www.iihf.com will get you right there) and click on teams. You can get the rosters (as long as they have been released) there.

Gord Miller

Mar 16, 2004
Just a note on the IIHF site, the official rosters will not be posted until after the directorate meeting Friday night, and even then some teams may leave room to add players later due to injuries.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
I know the initial 23 team roster has to be finalized by Friday night for each team.

I heard that teams could add players due to injury before the medal round starts. Is that true?

Raimo Sillanpää

Mar 11, 2003
Espoo, Finland
sk84fun_dc said:
I know the initial 23 team roster has to be finalized by Friday night for each team.

I heard that teams could add players due to injury before the medal round starts. Is that true?

ww.ihwc.net is the site of the games.
Yes, in previous years this has meant reinforcements from teams that lost in round 1 of the nhl playoffs, now this means AHL reinforcements for some teams.

Finland for example are planning on keeping the third goalie spot open for Lehtonen..

Gord Miller

Mar 16, 2004
Under IIHF rules, a team can name up to 22 players (plus one reserve goaltender). Some teams name only 20, holding spots for players who are injured to see if they recover in time, or for players who are still playing in playoffs somewhere.

Once you have named your 22, they cannot be replaced (with the exception of a netminder).

In theory, a team could name 19 skaters, and wait until late in the tournament to add someone.

sk84fun_dc

Nov 4, 2004
Thanks for the clarification, I knew about late additions if they did not max out the 23 man roster from the beginning and I am familiar with the first round playoff exit players joining WC teams in prior years. I thought I read something different, glad that did not change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad