OT: Where are you from?

What is your relationship to the Tampa Bay area?

• I'm from Tampa Bay (i.e., the Bolts catchment area)

Votes: 15 22.4%
  • I'm from South Florida (i.e., the Panthers catchment area)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm from elsewhere in Florida

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • I used to live in Florida

Votes: 8 11.9%
  • I have never lived in Florida, but I've spent a lot of time there

Votes: 7 10.4%
  • I have no relationship to Florida

Votes: 30 44.8%

• Total voters

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Born in Tampa, didn’t live there beyond childhood but the team stuck with my family.

Got big into hockey watching the 2011 run and I was fully hooked after that Bruins series. Never looked back.

Callum

Jun 8, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
I was a regular at posting on this board for for 10 or so years (I’ve had a few different accounts), so a lot of you likely know my story.

I grew up in Auckland, New Zealand and became a Bolts fan in 2001. I’ve since visited Tampa twice to watch the bolts and I’ve also followed the team on a couple of their road trips over the years. I then did the Distant Thunder feature (link here) with the Lightning’s marketing partner. Since then I’ve been residing in Melbourne, Australia for the past 5 years. Hopefully I can make it back to Tampa sooner than later!

HanTykje

Jan 8, 2022
Norway
www.instagram.com
I wouldn't have guessed. /sarcasm

What made you watch Tampa?
Point goal against Montreal made me aware about the entertaining hockey that TB plays. The club have a good structure and planning etc. And the generation talent of Andrei Vasilevsky for an example. I have been away from NHL/hockey since 2015, since i tried to watch the game direct at night time here in Norway and i get burnet out. Have stopped watching soccer/football was getting bored after 20 years following it, little happening in the matches and few matches in a week.

Still have to learn more have hockey/NHL is when the team play bad then i get unsettled. Understand the trading/drafts etc.

Last edited:

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
I’m representing Germany. Fell in love with the Lightning like so many fellow European Thunder here as a teen thanks to EA Sports. A couple of friends with whom I used to occasionally go to games of the local DEL team got me NHL 99 for my birthday and I picked the Bolts as my team because I liked the logo and color scheme the best lol.

I followed Lightning game results in newspapers, bought hockey magazines and watched the NHL highlights on the sports channel once a week - and although there weren’t many Lightning highlights at the time I stuck with them. Once in a while I could watch the odd Bolts game live on TV when they were playing a legitimately good team. And finally streaming was a game changer of course and made things a lot easier later on.

Been to the US several times, visited Tampa two times and got to watch Vinny, Marty, Stammer, Heds, Bish and company play at Amalie three times. Was always a blast!

Last edited:

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I’m representing Germany. Fell in love with the Lightning like so many fellow European Thunder here as a teen thanks to EA Sports. A couple of friends with whom I used to occasionally go to games of the local DEL team got me NHL 99 for my birthday and I picked the Bolts as my team because I liked the logo and color scheme the best lol.

I followed Lightning game results in newspapers, bought hockey magazines and watched the NHL highlights on the sports channel once a week - and although there weren’t many Lightning highlights at the time I stuck with them. As they became more relevant I could watch the odd game live on TV when they were playing a good team. And finally streaming was a game changer of course and made things a lot easier later on.

Been to the US several times, visited Tampa two times and got to watch Vinny, Marty, Victor, Bish and company play at Amalie three times. Was always a blast!
This whole time I thought you were Jeff Vinik and resided, obviously, in Tampa.

• Haha
Reactions: LightningStrikes

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
This whole time I thought you were Jeff Vinik and resided, obviously, in Tampa.

shq.gif

BackLightningBack

May 12, 2022
Been a fan ever since going to my 1st ever Hockey game during 95-96 season. Didn't care to much about Hockey until I finally went to Lightning games in person. Was fortunate the Lightning went to playoffs that year and we fans set an attendence record because old baseball field allowed so many fans. Good times and I miss going games.

Still live Florida and have lived in different places around Florida

Go Lightning!!!! ⚡⚡⚡⚡

Reactions: Hoek

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Been a fan ever since going to my 1st ever Hockey game during 95-96 season. Didn't care to much about Hockey until I finally went to Lightning games in person. Was fortunate the Lightning went to playoffs that year and we fans set an attendence record because old baseball field allowed so many fans. Good times and I miss going games.

Still live Florida and have lived in different places around Florida

Go Lightning!!!! ⚡⚡⚡⚡
Nice my first game was that season as well! We had good timing. This was my first game, a 3-1 win over the Devils in November.

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side

I followed Lightning game results in newspapers, bought hockey magazines and watched the NHL highlights on the sports channel once a week - and although there weren’t many Lightning highlights at the time I stuck with them. Once in a while I could watch the odd Bolts game live on TV when they were playing a legitimately good team. And finally streaming was a game changer of course and made things a lot easier later on.

Been to the US several times, visited Tampa two times and got to watch Vinny, Marty, Stammer, Heds, Bish and company play at Amalie three times. Was always a blast!

Nice. NHL 99 was the shit.

I miss the old color scheme. I hate how we're indistinguishable from the Leafs nowadays.

PatNikita

Jun 8, 2022
Hi! I've been a lurker on hfboards for a couple of years. Mainly used it for gathering info for fantasy hockey, reading peoples opinions etc.

My fav player is ofc Nikita Kucherov, frustrating and brilliant player all at once. I enjoy watching the team and i think Tampas commentary is pretty good too, I do not watch every game since i'm Swedish, but when I can.

I became a fan of TBL ever since when we got swept by CBJ. I also attended when they played the "NHL Global Series" in Stockholm against Buffalo. I will definitely visit Florida sometime soon.

Anyhow I just wanted to say Go Bolts!⚡ & keep posting.

Hedmonster Bolt

Les Paul Goon Life
May 8, 2018
Largo,Fl
Hi! I've been a lurker on hfboards for a couple of years. Mainly used it for gathering info for fantasy hockey, reading peoples opinions etc.

My fav player is ofc Nikita Kucherov, frustrating and brilliant player all at once. I enjoy watching the team and i think Tampas commentary is pretty good too, I do not watch every game since i'm Swedish, but when I can.

I became a fan of TBL ever since when we got swept by CBJ. I also attended when they played the "NHL Global Series" in Stockholm against Buffalo. I will definitely visit Florida sometime soon.

Anyhow I just wanted to say Go Bolts!⚡ & keep posting.
Perfect description of Kuch, the highs are worth the lows. Glad to here you want to visit the area, one piece of advice, plan your trip for Dec-Apr, you need to build up for the heat😅

Reactions: PatNikita

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad