Value of: Where’s does Rakell from Anaheim land this off season

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
I never said Rakell wasn’t available. Wtf are you talking about?
A Toronto 1st is a terrible 1st to aim for

It really isn’t. Because matthews goes down? That pick is going to be a decent one. We have Edmonton on the table for its first, we have Toronto for its first. Please select your best outcome on a first round pick if Matthews or McDavid are injured. This is a first rounder by the way in the strongest draft since Sidney Crosby. Have at it Getzy. Lets debate

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It really isn’t. Because matthews goes down? That pick is going to be a decent one. We have Edmonton on the table for its first, we have Toronto for its first. Please select your best outcome on a first round pick if Matthews or McDavid are injured. This is a first rounder by the way in the strongest draft since Sidney Crosby. Have at it Getzy. Lets debate
If Matthews or Mcdavid go down the pick will still be 15-32 range.

there is nothing to debate, and I’m not someone that hopes for injuries, which seems to be what you hope for

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I don't think those are direct quotes from that thread. I don't believe anyone said that in those words.

Neither Getzlaf or Rakell should be expected to drive a team's top line as their top threat, so why would the presence of either of them be expected to prop up the other? Besides that, and again something you would know if you actually watched these players you are analyzing - Getzlaf and Rakell weren't used together much this season. The comments you are referring to about Getzlaf's linemates were in reference to the players he actually most played with. The Ducks had so few threats and tried to spread them around to play with the kids.

I don't know what is so difficult for you to grasp here, anyone who understands the game can clearly see that the Ducks provide an absolutely terrible environment for a player to produce counting stats. There's no reason that cannot hold true for both Rakell and Getzlaf, as it's painful obvious that neither is an elite offensive force capable of carrying this Ducks offense.
In the end production matters. Looking good and producing are different and the latter is valued much more. I don't know how you can even deny that.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
If Matthews or Mcdavid go down the pick will still be 15-32 range.

there is nothing to debate, and I’m not someone that hopes for injuries, which seems to be what you hope for

Injuries happen. It’s apart of the game. This is a business end of the day. And I think more value is in Toronto’s pick based on trade history and Murray always gambling, that always seems to turns out diamonds

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Where are you sources for this? Some random poster offering it on hfboards? LOL

And if you're searching for a "decent" first round draft pick, why are you taking the lowest odds at achieving that? Just trade with a mid range team who's looking to improve. Much better than hoping someone on a top team gets injured.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
I wouldn't be surprised if he remains with the Ducks tbh.

And it hurts to say this as a Ducks fan, but I see him potentially fitting very well with the Oilers if I have to pick another team.

49D3680C-6FEB-484F-9E6F-00D20BFB2C19.gif

Reactions: Kalv

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Usually isn't the draft held before the start of free agency (and more importantly in this case, when players with a year left on their contract can re-sign)? This year, the draft is at the end of July. IF the Ducks are looking to move Rakell, they can give teams the chance to negotiate a new contract and trade a 1st knowing where the pick is unlike previous years. That might be the best way to maximize value.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Injuries happen. It’s apart of the game. This is a business end of the day. And I think more value is in Toronto’s pick based on trade history and Murray always gambling, that always seems to turns out diamonds
Matthews went down this year and they didn't miss a beat.

Edmonton loses McDavid and their season is essentially toast. One is not like the other.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Where are you sources for this? Some random poster offering it on hfboards? LOL

And if you're searching for a "decent" first round draft pick, why are you taking the lowest odds at achieving that? Just trade with a mid range team who's looking to improve. Much better than hoping someone on a top team gets injured.

Im done googling it for you. You can also read Reddit talking about it as well. Everyone knows what 2022 is bringing besides you. The 2022 NHL draft is going to be wicked

And no one has offered a first that’s mid range. Why am I negotiating with someone who doesn’t exist right now?

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Matthews went down this year and they didn't miss a beat.

Edmonton loses McDavid and their season is essentially toast. One is not like the other.

Don’t think that’s true. And that’s my opinion. Edmonton fall back plan is Drai and RNH who can still make noise

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
Do you read what people post are just spew out bs all the time ?

Do you understand context of conversation? Or just spew out nonsense that has nothing to do with you what we are discussing. This person is questioning the draft. I responded. Then he or she responds regarding a mid range pick that hasn’t ever been offered in MY thread. How is it this so difficult to understand?

Every viewpoint this person is bringing up I validated with a response to. Are you just trying to pick a fight? Or what’s going on? Like you are in MY thread speaking nonsense right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad