When Will We Begin The Slafkovsky Discussion? - UPDATE: Hatrick Against Philadelphia April 9, 2024

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
Slafkovsky with another point

"Slafkovsky is out there! He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And He absolutely will not stop... ever, until you lose!" -Some poor soul on some NHL team
I agree 100% with your post.

Poor souls being Montreal executives and fans when he turns 25 UFA…..

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
good to see Slav doing well, in the end I really dont give a shit about our rivalry. dont like to put a kid down just cause of the logo on his jersey. I mean sometimes it's fun to poke when a guys not doing well but Im sure everyone can understand that
Yes we all understand that you are biased and we all know not to take your posts seriously

viceroy

Mar 5, 2011
Montreal suburbs
Yeah Michkov was never going over Bedard, Carlsson, Fantilli or Smith due to not coming over for a while. maybe if he was able to right away. so really it comes down to MTL and ARZ passing on him.

So the Habs and the 'Yotes were supposed to be cool with waiting years for Michkov unlike those other teams? WTF? Whether they want to admit it or not Michkov has a lot of caveats. Enough that even KHL teams owned by shady Russian billionaires were cautious.

Perhaps there should be a special board for non playoff teams summer threads?

Howsabout threads about the team with the second biggest following league-wide? Is that cool? Just because you're a fan of a middling fanship team(VAN right?) doesn't mean it's okay for you to crap on your betters, fan-wise.

The habs are more important than most playoff teams. It’s up to you to ignore this thread or whine.

And he selected, whine.

good to see Slav doing well, in the end I really dont give a shit about our rivalry. dont like to put a kid down just cause of the logo on his jersey.

Rivalry? You a Sens fan right? OTT ain't a rival, never really was. I mean Jebus you guys were supposedly done with your rebuild 2yrs ago whereas MTL's just 2 years in and we're basically tied in the rankings. And we suck.

Reactions: rahad

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
I agree 100% with your post.

Poor souls being Montreal executives and fans when he turns 25 UFA…..

You expect Hughes to sign him to a 4 year deal after this one?

Most likely going to be 8 years if we go by Caufield/Suzuki, which would lead him to 29.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Rivalry? You a Sens fan right? OTT ain't a rival, never really was. I mean Jebus you guys were supposedly done with your rebuild 2yrs ago whereas MTL's just 2 years in and we're basically tied in the rankings. And we suck.

He isn't.

Swing and a miss.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
He's starting to figure things out and hopefully will continue to improve, but after looking back at the 19 years old who have played for the Habs, I'm not sure breaking the Habs record for scoring by a 19 year old is really much of a flex, given how few 19 year olds have actually played for the team over the years. It's like 15 total players, with a bunch of them being defensemen or goalies.

Also, who actually held that record anyway? I went back to the 1950s and the highest scoring 19 year old I could find was Richer back in 85-86, but he only had 37 points, so Slaf wouldn't have been 2 points behind him when this thread was started. Tremblay put up 39 as a teenager, so that math works, but he was 18 that entire season.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
22 points in his last 24 games, with 19 of those points as primary. Should close the season with 45+ points after a miserable start.

What a turnaround for the teenager. And so much room for improvement all around. When he gets his man-strength, he will be an absolute beast.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
22 points in his last 24 games, with 19 of those points as primary. Should close the season with 45+ points after a miserable start.

What a turnaround for the teenager. And so much room for improvement all around. When he gets his man-strength, he will be an absolute beast.
He could make a push for 50.

That’s extremely impressive for a 19 year old. Especially with his overall package and potential

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Harpo

Lyle forever
Sep 20, 2007
Quebec City
He's starting to figure things out and hopefully will continue to improve, but after looking back at the 19 years old who have played for the Habs, I'm not sure breaking the Habs record for scoring by a 19 year old is really much of a flex, given how few 19 year olds have actually played for the team over the years. It's like 15 total players, with a bunch of them being defensemen or goalies.

Also, who actually held that record anyway? I went back to the 1950s and the highest scoring 19 year old I could find was Richer back in 85-86, but he only had 37 points, so Slaf wouldn't have been 2 points behind him when this thread was started. Tremblay put up 39 as a teenager, so that math works, but he was 18 that entire season.
I'm very excited about Slaf, buy yeah, this "record" doesn't mean much. Tremblay was on a stacked team in a high scoring era, his 39 points were 12th on the team (9th for forwards). On our current roster, that would be Tanner Pearson.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
The Salty Spitoon in here :laugh:

MV5BZWIxYzVkNTMtYTBiYi00YmY4LTkwYjQtYWZmODgxMWI2NzFhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI4NzYxNTk4._V1_.jpg

Reactions: Frank Drebin

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Everybody was happy to jump in and post when he was struggling
The thread title suggests that there hasn't been a discussion about him and it's ironic that 2 of the fan bases on the mainboards who go crazy hype mode (select by extremely vocal minority to be sure) on basically everyone of their prospects no matter how they are trending.

For the record I respond the same way when my "home" fanbase does the same.

I put home in quotations because while I'm a Canuck fan I'm a bigger fan of hockey overall.

For the record Slaf is having a fine second season but the jury is still out on the field as to who will be the best player from the draft and even the top 5 and top 10 is still wide open.

Hopefully Slaf has a good start to next season and can build on this one and we will see yet another "Is it time to discuss Slaf thread 12.0" eh.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
The thread title suggests that there hasn't been a discussion about him and it's ironic that 2 of the fan bases on the mainboards who go crazy hype mode (select by extremely vocal minority to be sure) on basically everyone of their prospects no matter how they are trending.

For the record I respond the same way when my "home" fanbase does the same.

I put home in quotations because while I'm a Canuck fan I'm a bigger fan of hockey overall.

For the record Slaf is having a fine second season but the jury is still out on the field as to who will be the best player from the draft and even the top 5 and top 10 is still wide open.

Hopefully Slaf has a good start to next season and can build on this one and we will see yet another "Is it time to discuss Slaf thread 12.0" eh.
So if and when he slumps next, and the inevitable Slafbustky Version 3.0 thread is posted, i trust you will be in here admonishing those who are quick to throw shade. Eh? ;)

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
So if and when he slumps next, and the inevitable Slafbustky Version 3.0 thread is posted, i trust you will be in here admonishing those who are quick to throw shade. Eh? ;)
Probably not I have a busy schedule and frankly will probably focus more on the playoffs and draft in the near future.

Also there is a lot of room between overhyping a small sample and being a hater which seems to be the only 2 things that exist for some here.

I'm taking a step back from Ovi threads because some people in there are just impossible and frankly isn't not worth my time.

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016
Perhaps there should be a special board for non playoff teams summer threads? I mean how many threads do we need about small sample sizes here?
Lol you're such a sad hypocrite who was happily posting in the thread that was pooping on Slafkovsky earlier in the year.

Reactions: Kevinsane

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Lol you're such a sad hypocrite who was happily posting in the thread that was pooping on Slafkovsky earlier in the year.
I know actually making comments on reality is hard for some to take right?

But then again maybe you are one of thsoe types that likes to take a post about a specific time and then try to pass it off in the future?

I don't even know what post you are talking about maybe provide it and the time frame and then we can talk about it.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Yes we all understand that you are biased and we all know not to take your posts seriously
lol thats what u got out of what I said eh.... well have a good one

So the Habs and the 'Yotes were supposed to be cool with waiting years for Michkov unlike those other teams? WTF? Whether they want to admit it or not Michkov has a lot of caveats. Enough that even KHL teams owned by shady Russian billionaires were cautious.

Howsabout threads about the team with the second biggest following league-wide? Is that cool? Just because you're a fan of a middling fanship team(VAN right?) doesn't mean it's okay for you to crap on your betters, fan-wise.

And he selected, whine.

Yotes have atleast already drafted high end talent what's Montreal's excuse? what are they allergic to high end talent? Reinbacher is going to take time too. MTL hasnt had a truly elite player since Kovalev so yes they should have drafted the best player available and waited

Jack Skellington

Sep 29, 2017
He could make a push for 50.

That’s extremely impressive for a 19 year old. Especially with his overall package and potential
I think a big thing that has Habs fans excited is that he had 2 pts in the first 15 games stapled to the offensive void that is Josh Anderson. The stats after that point, and especially when he was put with Suzuki and on PP1, look a lot better.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I traded for him in a Dynasty league for Gulyayev because the other team was certain he was gonna be a bust.

So I'm thrilled he was as hated as he was. He looks like a gamer, and honestly, I hate to see people flop. These are 18 year olds with the weight of the world on their shoulder. I never root for someone to suck under those conditions. Except Will Smith. because too many people have his name

• Love
Reactions: HabzSauce

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
they should have drafted the best player available and waited

I'm pretty sure that's what they believe they did.
Farrell, Simoneau, Harvey-Pinard, Mesar, Hutson, Caufield... the Habs haven't shied away from drafting small but talented players. If they picked Reinbacher it's because they felt he was the better prospect.

Reactions: Jeune Poulet

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

I'm very excited about Slaf, buy yeah, this "record" doesn't mean much. Tremblay was on a stacked team in a high scoring era, his 39 points were 12th on the team (9th for forwards). On our current roster, that would be Tanner Pearson.

It's some scrub named Henri Richard. Had a famous brother apparently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad