When will Bouchard be considered elite?

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
I made a thread during the season about his high level of play and everyone said I was dumb and he wasn't good and leeched points off McDavid/Drai.

December 10, 2023 Bouchard Thread
The "problem" with Bouchard is that he's not as "flashy" as guys like Makar and Hughes. And, because of that, he won't get his just due, which is unfair. He has a weapon those other guys don't have... which is an absolute rocket from the point that he knows how to place as good as any D in the league. He's also a big minutes muncher and has a nice reach. Someone mentioned John Carlson... and that's who he reminds me of... but he's even more dangerous. What he's doing in these playoffs is absolutely elite.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Again, let’s see how he does against Dallas.
Lets get back to this in 20 years when he's got a 1000 points and stuff.

The "problem" with Bouchard is that he's not as "flashy" as guys like Makar and Hughes. And, because of that, he won't get his just due, which is unfair. He has a weapon those other guys don't have... which is an absolute rocket from the point that he knows how to place as good as any D in the league. He's also a big minutes muncher and has a nice reach. Someone mentioned John Carlson... and that's who he reminds me of... but he's even more dangerous. What he's doing in these playoffs is absolutely elite.
His wrister is lethal and accurate as well.

And a pinpoint stretch pass.

He is kind of a slow skater though.

Nasti

Jan 30, 2006
Long Beach, CA
Yeah, and let me guess, if he does well it won't matter, and if he does poorly it'll outweigh anything else he's done all season long?

What's your model's predictive rate using identical criteria for every single player?
Dude, your team just made it to the conference final. Be happy with that. Not everyone needs to fawn over your players. Sorry we don’t agree.

647Hockey

May 5, 2024

I agree. I dont watch Oilers games often, but his shots are not only on target, but he can get them on net hard from far distances. Even a shot on net from the corner of the blue line is deadly.

Makar and Hughes play and skate like forwards zipping around. Bouchard can get just as many points, but he plays a more traditional speed dman blasting shots from the blue line.

In sports, scoring always gets more eyeballs and bigger pay cheques. And if there's numerous dudes with similar stats, the flashier players always gets more spotlight and popularity.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Lets get back to this in 20 years when he's got a 1000 points and stuff.

Truth. Offensively, he's in the elite tier, and may even headline it beginning next year. When the Oilers are firing on all cylinders and McDavid is bagging 150+ again, Draisaitl 120... Bouchard might break 100 points on D for a couple of years.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
Just, please, get him a better nickname.

Well, I don't know if it's a nickname or just something they say when he shoots from the point, but Bouch bomb? Cmon. Sounds like a feminine hygiene product.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad