When was the last time you cried because of a playoff loss?

RussianShark

Cheech
Mar 15, 2009
Bay Area
2006: Sharks lose game 6 to Oilers (kid)
2007: Sharks lose game 6 to Red Wings (kid)
2016: Sharks lose game 6 to Penguins (grown ass man)

Pretty surprised by my composure in 2008 when the Stars beat the Sharks in Game 6 4OT, I guess I was used to the pain by then.

I also cried in 2019 after the Sharks beat (survived) the Avalanche in game 7, but I was a bit loopy. Good times.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Never. Its hockey, guys. Its about having fun in a spare time. There's nothing funnier than people who make ideologies to hitting a puck with a stick. It's obvious that the fun is worse when your team is losing, but crying about it is a sign of serious disorders

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Slovakia loss vs Kazachstan on OG 1998. Better to say, on pre-tournament. I was so hyped to see NHL players in National team... Cant say i cried, but i was mentally destroyed.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Wow what a gut punch. I would have ripped the antenna off my t.v. I had no idea about that choke job. That's why I love this forum. Fans go way back.
@NeelyWasAWarrior - That 1971 game haunts me 53 years later....

The Bruins did win a game in Montreal to get home ice back but.....

Montreal went all in with rookie Dryden........

The NHL had a strange seeding system where the #1 seed would play #3 and #2 would play #4. Chicago was moved to the west when Buffalo and Vancouver were added in 1970-1971 as the Hawks figured it was a better path to the Cup and they indeed made the SCF that year but they had to play Montreal instead of Boston........that did not end well for Chicago in a Game 7 at home. There is a shot of a young woman with an eyeroll during that game that every hockey fan knows.

Ducer

Jan 20, 2021
As a leaf fan when they played in the Norris division the old Chicago stadium used to scare the crap out of me.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
1995 as a teenager when Detroit was swept in the finals.
In 1997 when Detroit won my dad was crying tears of joy. He was born in 1950 and had never seen his team win until at the age of 47.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I’ve never cried over a playoff game, let alone a loss. That sounds ridiculous

However, I’m making no promises if the Leafs manage to ever win game 16 in the playoffs

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
I didnt start watching hockey until I was an adult and didn't have a team I followed until a few years later so never for a hockey game. But as a kid being from Cleveland I did cry after Jordan hit the shot and after the Broncos scored the OT field goal after the drive.

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
Never. Its hockey, guys. Its about having fun in a spare time. There's nothing funnier than people who make ideologies to hitting a puck with a stick. It's obvious that the fun is worse when your team is losing, but crying about it is a sign of serious disorders
Only time I recall crying was when I was 7 years old and my club lost the title in the most excruciating way possible, but there were lots of grown adults crying that day and I don't think any less of them for it. I feel like the "it's just game" argument ignores the very real, long bonds and relationships people create around sports teams, and there's no reason those should be any less deep or important than the ones that happen by the accident of birth or going to college together. Now, obviously when a sports team loses no one dies or anything, which is why crying is an in-the-moment reaction. But calling it crying over people hitting pucks with sticks seems like missing the point of what people actually mourn. Nick Hornby wrote about this some in Fever Pitch.

Attachments

• 20240425_144751.jpg
    20240425_144751.jpg
    325.3 KB · Views: 3

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I've never cried because the habs have been absolute dog meat for my entire existance on earth , you can't cry about losses when your team is dog meat and never the favorites.
I might cry if they win the cup honestly , which would be totally normal for a Montreal fan who's never seen one

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad