When should the NHL Restart

scoringmachine

Jan 17, 2007
Since Tampa Bay won the Stanley cup the NHL commissioner has been rushing to get the next season going. My question is should we have a season in January or wait until the Fall when regular hockey season begins.

My opinion I would prefer the season to be canceled for the fall of 2021. Currently in Canada Manitoba is in total locknown, Alberta is a Covid-19 mess. Toronto and Ottawa are Ontario's covid Hotspot. In the States California has called a lockdown. It affects three teams. Because this it affects all the players and ther family on when and where they will play if the return to play happens in January. I feel it would be better for the players to get healthy and covid by then may be under control as more vaccine will be given.

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Season should be starting in 2 weeks like the NBA is.

Starting in the fall only solidifies that the NHL is a dead league. The amount of viewership they'd lose would be ridiculous. Every professional sport in the world is starting or has started long ago (NFL), but our rinky dink league can't find a way to get started. Would also solidify them as being bush league.

With vaccines already out, it'll only be a matter of weeks before every player gets vaccinated.

scoringmachine

Jan 17, 2007
Season should be starting in 2 weeks like the NBA is.

Starting in the fall only solidifies that the NHL is a dead league. The amount of viewership they'd lose would be ridiculous. Every professional sport in the world is starting or has started long ago (NFL), but our rinky dink league can't find a way to get started. Would also solidify them as being bush league.

With vaccines already out, it'll only be a matter of weeks before every player gets vaccinated.
Most leagues do not have many Canadian teams and American teams. NBA and MLB only has one Canadian team. So it is easy to move them to the US city but hard to do the NHL. So how cost efficient is it to relocate the Canadian team to make it easy to to play games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad