When Seattle enters... 8 divisions of 4 teams or 4 divisions of 8 teams?

What the title says

• Total voters

canuckster19

Former CDC Mod
Sep 23, 2008
Gothenburg Sweden
I like the idea of 8 divisions simply because it can be used once again to reduce travel.

2 games against each team outside the division = 56 games
8 games against each team in the division = 24 games
80 games total.

Or have a weighted schedule similar to the NFL

2 games against each team outside the division = 56 games
2 additional games against each team in the same conference that finished in the same spot in their respective division. = 6 games
6 games against each team in the division = 18 games
80 games total.

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
My pipe dream is:

- Seattle joins Pacific (obviously)
- Arizona moves to Quebec City
- Detroit moves to Central

Balanced and highly logical divisions. I get that Detroit just recently moved out of the Central, the reasons for which i believe were hard travel times and wanting more access to rivalries. But they won a shit ton of cups with those travel times and haven’t had any success since, and I always thought the Detroit-Chicago and Detroit-Colorado rivalries were more exciting than, idk, Detroit-Toronto or Detroit-Montreal?

Bettman - and more precisely, the NHL Board of Governors - will never pull a team out of Southern US to move it to Canada, though.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
8 of 4. 10 teams from each conference, 7 vs 10, 8 vs 9 single game elimination. Division winners get automatic top 6 seed.

Reactions: MoreMorrissey

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Option 1 for me. You play the other 3 teams in your division 6 times, the other 12 teams in the conferencec 4 times and play the 16 teams in the other conference once. Top 2 teams in each division make the playoffs.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
If/when Seattle is added, the Pacific will move Calgary and Edmonton to the Central and Colorado will move to the Pacific.
upload_2018-3-29_13-11-1.png

As you can see Edmonton and Calgary are a lot closer to the Pacific then Denver Colorado......

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Time zones make your map moot, and the Coyotes have an existing rivalry with the Kings, so moving them to the Central does not make sense. It also does not break up the Battle of Alberta.
yes why not , let's move Edmonton and Calgary because who wants to break up the incredible rivalry the Kings got going on with Frie*** Arizona....:laugh:. Get the Yotes outta here

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad