When is the next season going to start?

When will the next season start?

• Total voters

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Disagree, the 2013 lockout year started Jan 19 so if they do a 48 game season like that year (its the most likely option) they will end in June as per the norm.

Cases are going up everywhere so a Jan 1st start might be hard at this point.
Disagree with your disagree.
With sporting leagues so desperate for money the more games you can play the better. Sure you could hypothetically get 48 games in if you start in February, but with the $$$ being of importance why wouldn't you start ASAP(January 1?) and play 68 or 70 games? Additionally it would create more growth for the league and fanbases.

To this point, every single major sports league has been able to play through a pandemic and the NHL did extremely well with it. I'm sure they have the brainpower to be able to devise a safe plan.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
With sporting leagues so desperate for money the more games you can play the better. Sure you could hypothetically get 48 games in if you start in February, but with the $$$ being of importance why wouldn't you start ASAP(January 1?) and play 68 or 70 games? Additionally it would create more growth for the league and fanbases.

To this point, every single major sports league has been able to play through a pandemic and the NHL did extremely well with it. I'm sure they have the brainpower to be able to devise a safe plan.

70 games wouldn’t finish before the Olympics.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Time is running out for a Jan 1st start date. Thats more or less a month and a half from now. They still have to figure out everything and coordinate with the NBA as some teams share an arena.

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Time is running out for a Jan 1st start date. Thats more or less a month and a half from now. They still have to figure out everything and coordinate with the NBA as some teams share an arena.
Well as far as I know, that's what they're aiming for.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad