When does Buffalo's playoff drought end.

When does the Sabres playoff drought end

• Total voters

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Once they trade Eichel the chances that it's 5+ basically rise to a 100% guarantee

If they hold onto Eichel and continue to add players I could see them getting into the 1st round in one of the next 3 years. But I don't think they'd make it to round 2.

Reactions: CanadianSniper

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
After Skinner is traded or his contract expires. I don't see him being trade-able at all so I'll say 5+ years

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Skinner isn’t what’s keeping Buffalo out of the playoffs.
His 9M cap handicap absolutely is. They have 9M less than every single other organization to play with. Either he needs to elevate his game to a respectable nhl level or they need to get rid of that contract. You're not going to be competitive when you have 9M less to play with vs every other team in the league.

Reactions: Morrison

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
If the Browns can find success, then I'm sure the Sabres can.

I feel bad for them at this point. I want to see Eichel tear it up in the playoffs. I want to see Dahlin develop into one of the best dmen in the league without Krueger holding him back.

They are also in our same divison so I'll be careful what I wish for.

Reactions: PegulasSportsEmpire

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Dahlin is trending towards biggest bust ever territory.
nah, I mean the kid is going to be 21 next month, and was pretty damn good in his rookie and sophomore seasons. Dmen can take some time to hit their prime.Hedman was a good example.... His lack of success this year had to do with the team more than anything. Would be preforming up to par on almost any other.

Let Hall go, and hope you land high picks in the next 2 drafts. Cozens looks like a homerun, so be happy about that pick! Rebuilding a team into a contender can take many many years, just ask: PIT, CHI, WSH, LA, TB (EDM, TOR)

Last edited:

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
nah, I mean the kid is going to be 21 next month. Dmen can take some time to break out.... Hedman was a good example.

His team obviously doesnt help either.
Well I have been watching the games, and for a guy who was supposed to be a generational defensmen, he certainly seems to have very little confidence to carry the puck and seems to rush passes when he has room to skate. I see a lot of passes by him that are rushed and basically becomes 50/50 whether his teammate or the other team will get it. It's actually a huge problem with the Sabres as a whole. It seems to me guys are always rushing passes when they have room to skate.

I never played organized hockey, I was a football and basketball guy, but it seems to me that you would want to use the room you have to skate and draw defenders into you, before you pass to a teammate, so that teammate has more room to maneuver when the receive the puck. To me it seems like the Sabres are to eager to pass when the passing lane really isn't there.

I don't know, I think Dahlin probably isn't quite as good as his pre draft hype, but more importantly, Krueger not being a valid NHL coach, is hampering his development and creativity. I think Dahlin has the talent but the habits he is developing now may be hard to reverse. Dahlin looked so much better as a rookie.

amnesiac

Space Oddity
Jul 10, 2010
Montreal
Well I have been watching the games, and for a guy who was supposed to be a generational defensmen, he certainly seems to have very little confidence to carry the puck and seems to rush passes when he has room to skate. I see a lot of passes by him that are rushed and basically becomes 50/50 whether his teammate or the other team will get it. It's actually a huge problem with the Sabres as a whole. It seems to me guys are always rushing passes when they have room to skate.

I never played organized hockey, I was a football and basketball guy, but it seems to me that you would want to use the room you have to skate and draw defenders into you, before you pass to a teammate, so that teammate has more room to maneuver when the receive the puck. To me it seems like the Sabres are to eager to pass when the passing lane really isn't there.

I don't know, I think Dahlin probably isn't quite as good as his pre draft hype, but more importantly, Krueger not being a valid NHL coach, is hampering his development and creativity. I think Dahlin has the talent but the habits he is developing now may be hard to reverse. Dahlin looked so much better as a rookie.
An off year happens to the best of them. He unfortunately got drafted by a team struggling to rebuild, unlike say, Makar who entered on a contending team in his rookie season. Eichel has been out, Hall and Skinner suck, goaltending is under average, and maybe his D partners are just bad as well (not sure who he plays with usually). And again, hes barely 21.

Eichel is your biggest worry now since he seems like hes had it in Buffalo, if you lose him it will set them back a ton (unless that means you land Shane Wright in 2022). I think you really have to hope Cozens breaks out out int he next few years, and maybe get stronger on D as well as finding a good coach.... Babcock? ;)

Last edited:

CatchyTune

JOHN TAVARES IS A MAPLE LEAF
Jan 8, 2016
Ontario
They wont be better than Tampa/Toronto/Boston in the Atlantic any time soon. Florida is looking really good too. and Ottawa is up and coming. Really sad they havent had anything go for them in the last... long time. and it isnt getting any better.

probably 3-4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad